Lake County, III., Schools Cut to AA
- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....
- Munis Weaker as Larger Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p2
The article offers information on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. from June 1-3, 2009. It provides information on the rating given by different credit companies to bonds issued across the country. These include $375 million of electric and gas systems for CPS Energy, $200 million...
- Puerto Rico Sale to Aid Pensions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the upcoming sale of some $4 billion in taxable municipal debt to shore up Puerto Rico's pension system is aiming to attract the attention of both traditional municipal investors and those outside the typical base who are looking for yield or diversification. Information...
- ALABAMA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p31
Reports on the issuance of general obligation capital improvement school warrants by Auburn city in Alabama. Usage of the proceeds to finance school capital projects; Assignment of bond rating by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor; Reflection of continued diversification and growth of...
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Connecticut Readies $300M as Deficits Loom. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p4
The article reports on the entrance of Connecticut to the market with a two-day retail order period for $300 million of new-money general obligations bonds. The AA rating for the state's general obligations with a stable outlook was affirmed by Fitch Ratings. Institutional pricing will start for...
- Coralville Iowa Rating Dropped. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/10/2015, p1
Coralville, Iowa's general obligation bond rating moved closer to speculative grade amid balance sheet struggles due in part to its investment in recreational enterprises.
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.