Banking committee sets big agenda
- Obstacles still remain for bill's passage. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p7
Focuses on concerns on possible delay of the passage of a United States Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee bill concerning financial modernization.
- Fin'l services reform D.O.A., senator says. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/10/97, Vol. 101 Issue 45, p1
Reports on Senator Lauch Faircloth's (R-N.C.) comment about the financial services reform legislation pending before the US Senate. Details on Sen. Faircloth's scolding of the House of Representatives for considering bills not supported by banks; Calls for the refinement of the bills;...
- Education savings account expansion gets Senate go-ahead. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p6
Reports that the Senate has voted to adopt the conference report on a bill expanding the use of tax-free education savings accounts to cover expenses for grades kindergarten to 12 at public, private and home schools in the United States. Provision that will raise the cap on annual tax-free...
- Struggle in Senate Over Financial Reform Bill. Anason, Dean // American Banker;5/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 87, p1
Focuses on debates in the United States Senate over the provisions of a financial reform bill. Contention over a amendment allowing banks underwrite securities; Lobbyists' efforts to fight the provisions.
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- $97B war-spending bill approved by the House. Hooper, Molly K. // Hill;5/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 56, p1
The article reports on the approval of the $96.7 billion war funding bill by the U.S. Senate despite Democrats' opposition.
- Congress faces dilemmas on funding bill and Syria. // Hill;9/15/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 96, p4
The article reports on the stopgap funding bill to be passed by the U.S. House and Senate to prevent the occurrence of a government shutdown.
- U.S. Senate shores up highway funding. // Public Works;Aug2008, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's transportation legislation in 2008 would restore the original obligation of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU). The legislation would also transfer $8 billion to...
- Proposed highway bill includes something for everyone. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p9
Provides information on the separate versions of legislation for highway funding proposed by the United States Senate and House of Representatives. Budget for highways; Projects funded by the highway funding legislation; Provisions of the legislation.