Settlement Pot Reaches $24 Million In Heritage Healthcare Fraud Case
- Heritage Settlement, Claim Forms Available Online to Bondholders. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p3
Reports on the availability of a copy of a proposed settlement and claim forms for investors of the defunct Heritage Healthcare company in Chicago, Illinois. Internet site where the copy and claim forms are available; Online services for investors involved in the case; Approval of the attorney...
- Heritage Bondholders' Lawsuit Gets Class Action Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p3
Reports on the decision of a federal judge to grant a class action status to a lawsuit filed on behalf of investors who hold multimillion-dollar bonds issued for projects of the now-defunct Heritage Healthcare in the U.S. Effect of the decision on various settlements funds; Statement of Brian...
- Illinois Settles SEC Fraud Charges Over Pension Disclosures. Hume, Lynn // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;3/11/2013, p9
The article reports that Illinois has agreed to settle with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) over securities fraud charges for misleading investors about its approach to funding its pension obligations. The SEC discovered that Illinois failed to inform investors about the...
- Heritage Investors Go After Issuers. Shieds, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p1
Reports the lawsuit filed against the issuers of Heritage Healthcare bonds by investors in Chicago, Illinois. Bond issues involved in the lawsuit; Allegations raised against the issuers; Details on the case.
- Argentina's Corporates Sidestep Sovereign Debt Debacle. Fittipaldi, Santiago // Global Finance;Sep2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p28
Reports that Argentine companies have found better ways to negotiate debt rescheduling with creditor banks. Out-of-court agreements through the â€œAcuerdo Preventivo Extrajudicialâ€; Dealing with the issue of bondholders calling on parent companies to improve workout offers from local...
- Detroit's Orr: Bondholders Made Negotiations 'as Painful as Possible'. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;10/ 2/2014, p1
Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr on Wednesday offered a glimpse into the city's high-stakes negotiations -- and subsequent settlements -- with bondholders during the course of its historic bankruptcy.
- SEC Warns Heritage Plaintiffs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31809, p1
Reports on the receipt of Wells letters from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by five individuals named in lawsuits filed by bondholders in the U.S. Efforts of the bondholders to recoup some of their multimillion dollar investment in Heritage Healthcare bonds; Purpose of a Wells...
- United Sends Settlement Offer to Court. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32040, p1
The article reports that United Airlines Inc. presented to the federal bankruptcy court a final settlement agreement with a majority of investors who hold the airline's $600 million of special facilities revenue bonds for projects at O'Hare International Airport. The four trustees who represent...
- Investors will get $437M in settlement, N.J. says. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the 473 million dollar settlement for New Jersey investors who were allegedly misled into making risky investments.