'Extremely Risky' Business
- NEW YORK. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/14/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p9
The article reports on the hope of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to reinstate the $2.7 billion of capital projects that officials in June 2008 proposed to delay until the 2010-2015 capital plan in New York. The MTA is expecting the infrastructure projects to push through if...
- NEW YORK: Hudson Yards Breaks Ground. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/10/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33826, p7
The article offers information on the redevelopment project of Hudson Yards Development Corp. of New York City.
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;9/13/1982, Vol. 58 Issue 30, p31
The article reports on the existence of a butterfly in the lowest level of the West Fourth Street subway station in New York. A young woman and a middle-aged man, who happened to be the only people at the subway during that time, were amazed how on earth did that orange-and-black butterfly land...
- Work Starts on San Francisco's Central Subway. Ryerson, Anders; Ames, Lewis // Planning;May/Jun2011, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the preliminary work of the two of the three new underground Central Subway stations in San Francisco, California.
- ROAD BLOCK. // Contract Journal;2/23/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6513, p1
Reports on the closure of Euston Road so an entrance canopy could be delivered and erected for the Belgrove Street subway in London, England.
- Going underground. Balmond, Sarah // Design Week;9/15/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the design revamp of the underground train stations in London, England. Innovations proposed for the subway stations; Identification of designers who will be involved in the renovation process; Impact of the design changes on the commuters; Trends influencing underground designs.
- LETTER FROM PARIS. // New Yorker;3/7/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p86
The article talks about the La Defense, the first subway station in Paris, France. The Defense subway station is making a kind of history in municipal construction. It took four years to dig the new Metro tunnel and build the Defense station. The style of subway station can be summed up as Fifth...
- The "ETFE" material application in the subway station entrance design. GAO Chang-zheng; LU Hong-wei // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 584-586, p360
The paper first analysis a part of the existing subway station entrance of the form, and then combined with the Zhengzhou University (South) design of the subway station entrance, explores new forms of the subway station entrance to ETFE materials based on, and introduces some applications of...
- From 0 t0 12 Million Square Feet. Davidson, Justin // New York;10/15/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p44
The article discusses the Hudson Yards real estate development project in New York City. The project is described as the largest and densest real estate development in the U.S., which includes 12 million square feet of offices, hotel rooms, open space, shops and apartments. The first phase of...