- HEALTHCARE. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;9/12/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p30
Reports developments on health care industry in California as of September 12, 2005. Sales performance of Advanced Medical Optics Inc.; Initiative of Doctors Telehealth Network in introducing telephone and Internet-based healthcare technology to patients living in rural areas; Effort of Governor...
- Preparing For Life After A Deal: Integration. Walkotten, Wayne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the business operation following the acquisition deal involving insurance agencies in the U.S. Notification of customers and the public; General ledger integration of financial results; Combination of offices and books of business.
- Wrap Up: Q1 Deal Value Reached Highest Level Since 2008. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/7/2014, p10
The article reports on the middle-market deals for the first quarter (Q1) of 2014 whose value increased to $66.9 billion. Topics discussed include the Mid-Market Pulse (MMP) survey by "Mergers & Acquisition: The Dealmaker's Journal," dealmaking activities in sectors including health care, oil...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/8/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 31, p40
Presents graph and charts depicting global healthcare underwriting volume.
- Mark Farrah Associates Finds First Qtr 2012 Results Mixed for Top Health Plans. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on the Healthcare Business Strategy report from the company Mark Farrah Associates (MFA). The report mentions about the enrollment gains in the leading health plans in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2012. It mentions that the gains were reported for both fully-insured...
- Providers jump in to support high-risk pool. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/20/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p3
The article focuses on medical care providers who are urging uninsured citizens to enroll in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)-created temporary high-risk pool plan called Health Insurance Program (HIP) Michigan that is offering affordable coverage for those with...
- 3 ways insurance mergers will affect physician practices. // Medical Economics;10/25/2015, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p15
The article explores how mergers in the insurance industry will affect the healthcare industry in the U.S.
- SIGNED & SEALED. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
Reports on several deals and contracts in health care industry in the U.S. Agreement between HealthEast Care System and Sentillion; Arrangement between Kaleida Health and Medline Industries; Partnership between New England Baptist Hospital and Swissray International.
- HARD ACT TO FOLLOW: 2005 Big for Healthcare; More Deals in the Cards? Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the possibility for large deal in 2006 in Orange County, California. In 2005, the largest deal was the Cypress-based PacifiCare Health Systems Inc.'s nine billion dollars sale to Minnesota's UnitedHealth Group Inc. Several healthcare companies plan to stay the course.