- The China challenge: Why do mergers and acquisitions so often fail in China? // China Economic Review (13506390);May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the fact of failure of mergers and acquisitions(M&A) deals in China as compared to that of the developed countries. It discusses the factors leading to failure such as lack of transparency in law, inflated company valuations and cultural barriers. It concludes that with...
- Deal Flow Grew in July, but the Pace was Flat. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/10/2015, p1
July of 2014, on the other hand, delivered one of the best months of the year
- Watching The Clock. Macfadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p4
This article comments on the consensus among merger and acquisition professionals that the market will decline for the next two to three years from 2007. It says that these professionals wanted to know with a level of certainty when the upcycle will end. It explains that this attention given by...
- Aligning Deal Price With Value Potential. Park, Milyae // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p40
The article discusses the effects of overpayment on a merger and acquisition deal. As more and more companies are joining up, some make the mistake of getting swept up in the moment and overpaying for the acquisition. This might result in a number of problems, including being punished by the...
- CORPORATE FEES. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/15/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 48, p26
Several charts are presented depicting the fees paid by various corporation in the U.S. as of 2008 including the latest payment for merger and acquisition deals, the issuer fees in the capital market and the fees for non-initial public offering stocks.
- Monthly charge for pawned items. Bernama // Malay Mail;11/ 2/2012, p19
The article reports on monthly finance charge by the Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd (BIMB) in Kota Baru, Malaysia for its Islamic Ar-Rahnu pawnbroking business through its subsidiary Farihan Corp. Sdn Bhd.
- Takeover Panel firm on self-regulation. // Accountancy;Mar1975, Vol. 86 Issue 979, p19
Reports on the Takeover Panel's opposition to the supervision of the British securities market. Answers to the questions posed in the Trade Department's inquiry; Government departments concerned with takeovers; Statutory controls on takeover activity.
- Outsourcing Provider Epam Buys FIX Vendor. Iyer-Ahrestani, Savita // Securities Industry News;4/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p15
The article reports on the acquisition of B2Bits by Epam Systems in 2008. The entry notes that the acquisition has led to the development of a Capital Markets Competency Center which leverages the strengths of both companies. In line with this, Epam and B2Bits note their confidence in delivering...
- Transportation, logistics firms shift M&A focus to infrastructure, consolidation. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;5/24/2011, p1
The article reports on the quarterly analysis by PwC US on global merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the U.S. transportation and logistics industry in 2011. It states that increasing interest from financial investors, developing capital markets, and stronger corporate balance sheets are...