- DOMINICA Nashville Community Asks for Aide. // Tennessee Tribune;9/10/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p1A
The article reports that local community of Dominicans who are living in Nashville, Tennessee is asking for help for the victims of hurricane Erika that struck the island of Dominica on August 27, 2015.
- Canadians respond to Katrina's devastation. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/27/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p743
An earlier report was published at www.cmaj.ca on Sept. 1, 2005.
- For Brothers Only. Chappell, Kevin // Ebony;Nov2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p58
Presents an article on writing about the damage brought by Hurricane Katrina to New Orleans, Louisiana. Description of the streets after the hurricane; Challenges encountered by the disaster victims; Importance of helping the disaster victims.
- Let's Give Some Credit … where it's due–to many of you! McCorkle, Vern // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
Acknowledges the contributions and donations given to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina and the efforts to help rebuild the city of New Orleans in Louisiana. Registry of the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina with people who have visited or know about New Orleans; Checks sent by "Alaska Business...
- Chefs Cook up Katrina Relief. Graff, Garret M. // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the fundraising events for victims of Hurricane Katrina organized by chefs in Washington, D.C.
- Search dogs deployed to recover victims. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Oct2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the effort of the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation in working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency California Task Force teams to rescue hurricane victims in the U.S.
- Franchisors aid hurricane-battered outlets. Garber, Amy; Lockyer, Sarah E. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/26/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the efforts of restaurant companies to get aid to franchisees whose businesses suffered damage from Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. Donation of food and relief supplies; Provision of manpower and equipment so franchisees could reopen restaurants; Assistance in expediting insurance forms...
- Needed: Help, not hassles. Hyatt, John T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/10/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p42
Presents a narrative of the author's experience of being evacuated from New Orleans, Louisiana because of Hurricane Katrina. Number of days spent by the author to be transferred to Superdome; Efforts made to save himself and his wife; Reason for not returning to New Orleans.
- Hurricane Season Brings Devastation. Kimer, James T. // NACLA Report on the Americas;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p42
Reports on the outcome of the hurricanes in Haiti and the Caribbean in September 2004. Damages caused by the hurricanes; Number of people affected by the storm; Reason for the social unrest among hurricane victims; Amount pledged by the European Union as assistance for the victims; Factors...