Time to Buy, or Close, Hedge Funds
- Top 10 things you should know about hedge funds. // Money Management;5/31/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p26
The article presents the important things about hedge funds. Some of the important things are the vitality of selecting superior manager, the two basic hedge fund strategies, the importance of diversification to control risk, and the difficulty for successful implementation. Diversification is...
- Thames River hoard considers C share of Â£255.5m hedge fund. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;3/3/2008, p14
The article reports that the board of Thames River Multi Hedge Protected Cell Co. (PCC) is to consider another C share issue of the Thames River Hedge+ in Great Britain. The Â£255.5 million fund of hedge funds is a multi-strategy portfolio consisting of 40 underlying hedge funds. Mike Warren,...
- Heeding history. Gubert, Charles // Global Custodian;Aug2013, p3
The article looks at the structure of regulated hedge funds which comply to the Investment Company Act of 1940. It cites the study "The Rise of Liquid Alternatives & Changing Dynamics of Alternative Product Manufacturing & Distribution" conducted by brokerage firm Citi Prime Finance. The study...
- Hedge funds: size does matter. Philipps, Craig // Money Management;5/13/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the impact of hedge fund-of-funds on its capacity in the money market in Australia. Difficulty for managers related to the effective deployment of capital; Cause of the capacity constraints faced by managers in a survey; Institutionalization of the hedge fund industry.
- Does International Diversification Pay? Bhargava, Vivek; Konku, Daniel K.; Malhotra, D. K. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p53
Advances in computer and telecommunications technology have contributed to the emergence of more integrated global financial markets, allowing for the dissemination of information and the execution of transactions on a real-time basis around the clock and around the globe. To determine if an...
- Fundsdirect founder Ewing set to float hedge fund firm. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;8/25/2005, p56
Reports on the business plans of Fundsdirect founder Sean Ewing for his hedge fund company, Absolute Capital Management, in Great Britain.
- Top Hedge Fund Managers May No Longer Rake in Billions of Dollars a Year. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;5/28/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
The article discusses issues related to hedge funds performance in the U.S. market. Hedge funds are appealing to a broader audience and lowering risk and is sacrificing returns. Top hedge fund managers' billion dollars a year earnings may be put at stake since it is increasingly difficult for...
- SEC Could Target Hedge Funds in 2006. Amend, James M. // Money Management Executive;1/9/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information on the money market trends in 2006. According to experts, regulators will continue and perhaps even expand the intensity of their police work, particularly in the hedge fund area. The fee reductions are likely to continue, albeit a bit subdued. The U.S....
- Net Flows Into Emerging-Market Funds. // Money Management Executive;12/1/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Provides a bar graph of the money flows into emerging-market funds from January to September 2003.