Pay the rate
- Minimum Wage Legislation. // Labor Law Journal;Jul73, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p444
This article focuses on the H. R. 7935, a bill to increase the minimum wage and expand coverage of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which passed the House in the U.S. in 1973. The initial wage increases would take effect on August 1, 1973 or the first day of the second full month after...
- Apparel Makers Anxious on Wages. Medina, Marcy; Tyree, Michelle Dalton; Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 130, p13
Reports on the threat posed by a proposed bill that would raise the minimum wage of employees in California in 2004 to apparel manufacturers. Estimated number of workers that would be affected by the bill; Comments from Jan Rutkin, president of Todd Rutkin Inc.; Views of Susan Crank, president...
- Ones on watch…. Nickson, Sue // Employers Law;Apr2009, p6
The article announces that the Fair Work Bill is currently working its way through the Australian legislative process. It is due to come into force in two stages, on July 1, 2009 and January 1, 2010. It will change Australia's workplace relations system and place a range of new obligations on...
- More Republican Branding. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;03/15/2013, p9
The article focuses on a law voted by the House Republicans which will lead to an increase in the federal minimum wage. It states that after the law, wage will raise to 10.10 dollars per hour from 7.25 dollars. It further mentions that the law is part of the SKILLS Act related to the...
- Two new California laws will cost employers in two ways. McInerney, Thomas; Cheng, Gregory C. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the impact of the two new laws to the employers in California such as the wage-related lawsuits and the increase of minimum wage. It examines the increase of minimum wage per hour or it depends on the value of the state minimum wage. It also notes that the employers should...
- HIGHER PAYROLL COSTS: Congress resumes wage battle. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Talks about some bills introduced at the opening of the 107th United States Congress calling for an increase in federal minimum wages. Opposition of the lobbyists for the food service industry to higher wage requirements; Provision of the bills; Remarks from Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
- Movement to raise minimum wage falls short. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;03/15/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the failure of the movement to increase the minimum wage in the United States. Provision in the bill pushed by Senator Edward Kennedy and Representative Dave Bonior; Statement of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People chairman Kweisi Mfume on the issue; Effect of...
- Malaysia wages on rise. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1
The article informs that the furniture manufacturers from Malaysia have find ways and so have taken steps to minimize the impact of an increase in the minimum wage that would come in effect by the end of 2013, announced by the Malaysian government.
- Access to all areas. Carter, Alison // Printing World;6/10/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the impact of the amendment of the Disability Discrimination Act on the business performance of several printing companies in London, England. Number of employees needed in one company; Provisions of the bill; Benefits of the workers. INSET: Where to find advice.