An enterprising Yorkshire yarn
- Fair competition? Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2004, Issue 5410, p3
Reports on the expansion of the product lines of several furniture makers in Italy. Increase on the level of competition; Maximization on the corporate profits of the firms; Use of effective marketing strategies.
- Stores Bank on Celebrity Mania to Save Beauty's Holiday. Kenny, Bryn; Wood, Dana; Naughton, Julie; Evans, Matthew W. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/17/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 128, p1
Discusses the impact of the holiday season on several fragrances which have been launched by retailers in the U.S. in December 2004. Success of the Curious Britney Spears fragrance; Increase in sales of the men's fragrance at retailer Marshall Field's; Marketing strategy on classic fragrance lines.
- Dow Corning's Extreme Makeover. Butler, Charles // CRM Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p26
Discusses the reconstructed selling approach of silicon-based product maker Dow Corning in 2004. Decrease in the sales of Midland, Michigan-based company in 2000; Number of employees as of June; Advantages of the approach; Ways the company changed their former approach.
- Survey: Revving the Marketing Engine. Bogues, James G. // Chemical Week;6/8/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 19, p44
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by Accenture and "Chemical Week" magazine regarding marketing in the chemical industry as of June 8, 2005. Treatment of chemical company executives to marketing as a growth and profit strategy; Marketing capabilities that were used in the study;...
- Aligning a company's people strategy with its business strategy and brand strategy. HOLLAND, JENNIFER; WEATHERS, JACKIE // Journal of Brand Strategy;Autumn/Fall2013, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p245
Every company, no matter how big or small, faces challenges in earning customers, increasing profits and building value. This paper shares findings of a paradigm in aligning a company's brand and people at every step toward success, while showing how to demonstrate a clear, consistent...
- M opens with bang. // Casino Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the profits made by M Resort Spa Casino after its opening on March 1, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Following its grand opening, the casino attracted more than 20,000 members of the iMagine Rewards. It offers 350 guest rooms and suites, 92,000 square feet of gaming, and nine...
- Danisco Strengthens Dairy Knowledge. // Dairy Foods;Aug2004, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the business performance of Danisco USA Inc. in Kansas. Commitment of the company in producing safe and tasty foods; Expansion of the product lines of the firm; Use of effective marketing strategies. INSET: U.S. Danisco Knowledge Award.
- Jennifer sales jump 10.3%; net loss grows. // Furniture/Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p270
Reports on the financial performance of Jennifer Convertibles Inc. for the second quarter of the year 2004 in Woodbury, New York. Increase on the number of distributors; Expansion on the product lines of the company; Use of effective marketing strategies.
- A new day on Bear Creek. Williams, Christina // Oregon Business Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the business growth of Wasserstein & Co. with the acquisition of Bear Creek Corp. in Oregon. Organizational change; Marketing strategy for the product lines; Corporate commitment to community support and involvement.