MFI lifts as rumours continue on takeover
- MFI: Simply Kitchens not for us. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p5
Discloses that MFI has ruled out the possibility that it will takeover the 87 Simply concessions operated by United Kitchens in Harveys, Carpetright and the Co-op.
- Ups and downs of shares hit by bid talks. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p7
Reports stocks performance of several companies in the furniture industry and trade hit by bid talks in Great Britain. Estimates of fantasists on the value of shares for retail store chain, MFI Group PLC; Stock price of Kingfisher PLC for the first quarter of 2004; Range in the share prices of...
- Commitment to invest in MFI. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2006, Issue 5510, p3
The article focuses on the acquisition of MFI Furniture Group PLC by the Merchant Equity Partners for Â£1. It could be noted that the shareholders of the company approved the sale of its retail arm to forward its business sustainably. MFI provided the company with Â£60.6 million including...
- Hygena Cuisines sold. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p8
The article reports that MFI Furniture Group PLC has sold its French retail business Hygena Cuisines to Nobia AB in Sweden. Proceeds of the sale will be used to cut MFI's debt. Upon the news of the sale, MFI's shares rose by 18 percent. Nobia representatives asserted that the current management...
- Takeover talk for MFI. // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p4
Reports on the speculation for a management takeover for MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain. Issue concerning the breaking up of the group with the sale of its retail operations or the flotation of the Howden Joinery operation; Growth in sales of Howden as a result of the issue;...
- Dreamteam alliances pave the way for competitive advantage. // Finance Week;12/01/2000, F&T Net pVi
Points out that corporate alliances are crucial in securing competitive advantage. Description of various alliances such as mergers through joint marketing and distribution agreements; Effect of technology of enabling organizations to restructure their business models; Partnership agreements...
- MFI's good turn for charity. // Cabinet Maker;05/08/98, Issue 5087, p33
Reports that MFI Furniture Group has donated 1,000 pounds to the Kent Air Ambulance Trust.
- MFI sales up. // Housewares;Jul96, Issue 128, p6
Reports on financial developments of furniture company MFI for the period ending April 27, 1996. Increase in sales; Improvement in pre-tax profits.
- MFI prepares for life without upholstery after profits jump. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p3
Reports that MFI is preparing for life without upholstery after deciding to concentrate on its `core' kitchen and bedroom ranges. Removal of upholstery from 14 of the company's stores; MFI's switch to regional warehouses; Effect of the switch on five-10 staff; Increase of retailing operating...