BFM budget slashed
- Brazilians carving out export niche. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p22
Reports on the status of furniture exports to the U.S. in Brazil. Challenges faced by manufacturers in breaking into the U.S. market; Development of export promotion agency to support the furniture industry; Impact of the tight market competition from China on local manufacturers.
- EYES OPEN WIDE IN LAS VEGAS. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2007, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p15
The author reflects on the exhibits of Chinese cabinet manufacturers at the Kitchen/Bath Industry Show in 2007 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He asserts that several wondered whether Chinese awaited a larger invasion force to take the U.S. kitchen and bath industry by surprise. He claims that an...
- What lies in store for 2004? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/2003, Issue 5369, p8
Focuses on the business performance of various furniture companies in the year 2004. Level of competition; Assessment on the quality of the products; Analysis on the revenue growth of the company.
- Steady sales despite the Easter jet-setters. // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p3
Focuses on the business performance of various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firms; Level of competition; Increase of consumer spending.
- Escape clauses keep the interest in Courts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p6
Focuses on the factors affecting the business performance of furniture retailer Courts PLC in Great Britain. Analysis on the revenue growth of the company; Prices of the stocks; Level of competition.
- Amazing offers? // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p14
Focuses on the business performance of various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Level of competition; Assessment on the quality of the products; Affordability on the prices of the items.
- Brandishing quality. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2004, Issue 5410, p31
Focuses on the impact of the release of several China-made furniture items on the business performance of several furniture manufacturers in Udine, Italy. Assessment on the quality of the product; Affordability on the prices of the items; Level of competition. INSET: Fact file.
- What stores are doing for Christmas. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p16
Focuses on the strategic business plans of furniture retailers in ensuring better financial performance in the Christmas season in Great Britain. Assessment of the economic conditions of the retail market; Perspectives of industry executives regarding consumer attitudes on the Christmas season;...
- Getting a handle on global marketing. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;1/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p27
Focuses on the issue of adapting global marketing strategy in the U.S. furniture industry. Importance of marketing in industrial competition; Consideration for off-shore manpower, freight costs and design capabilities; Benefits derived from free trade agreements.