M&S suffers yet another sales fall
- Knickers to Ikea. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p57
Reports on the business expansions of British retailer Marks & Spencer into the food and home furnishings market in 2002. Description of the home furnishings stores; Priorities of the managing property team of the company; Set up in stores that sell food.
- M&S RELIEF AGREED. // Accountancy;Nov2009, Vol. 144 Issue 1395, p72
This article presents a summary of court decisions that have been made in the Marks & Spencer (M&S) matter before the European Court of Justice with regard to whether or not the retail store chain based in Great Britain could make a group relief claim in Great Britain for overseas subsidiary...
- Marks & Spencer Going Outlet Route. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the plan of retailer Marks & Spencer PLC to open additional store outlets in Great Britain. Annual sales revenues generated by the company's British outlets.
- M&S criticised for slow progress. // Marketing Week;11/9/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p6
Focuses on the slow introduction of concept retail stores by Marks & Spencer PLC according to observers. Revenues reflecting the sluggish pace of concept store introductions.
- M&S to open home furnishing stores. // Cabinet Maker;5/24/2002, Issue 5288, p2
Reports on the opening of home furnishing stores of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Percentage of the increase of home sales; Furniture sales accounting; Effects of the closure of the Direct clothing catalogue business on the department store chain.
- Marks & Spencer plans to enter Korea in '96. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 68, p14
Cites the plans of Marks & Spencer PLC to open its first store in Seoul, South Korea in late 1996. Comments from executive Paul Smith; Preparation of a list of potential franchise partners; Company's stores in other Asian countries.
- M&S Posts 3.9% Rise in Sales. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Marks & Spencer Group plc in the first quarter which ended on July 12, 2003. Increase in sales; General sales.
- M&S: more space in '98. // Housewares;May/Jun98, Issue 140, p5
Reports that Marks & Spencers PLC will add around 1.5 million square feet to its stores in Great Britain at a cost of 1.1 £s. Advantages to the store from this expansion; Rise in the sales of food in the store in 1997; Other Expansion plans of the company.
- UK: M&S aligns sustainability with key clothing suppliers. Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);6/20/2014, p11
The article presents a reprint of the article "UK: M and S aligns sustainability with key clothing suppliers," which appeared in the June 17, 2014 issue of "Aroq-Just-Style.com." Nine of biggest clothing suppliers of clothing retailer Marks and Spencer PLC in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are...