Oversleep in the name of charity
- Funds to be raised for hospice residence. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p26
Reports on the launch of a campaign to raise funds for the construction of a hospice residence at Sullivan County, New York. Overview of a legislative bill authorizing the construction of a hospice residence in the area; Assessment of a fund being developed for the purpose; Information on...
- Rowing on and on and on. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2003, Issue 5346, p43
Commends furniture agent Alan Dutton for his contribution in the rowing marathon for the benefit of the Nightingale House hospice in Wrexham, Wales.
- Untitled. // Music Week;11/29/2003, Issue 47, p21
Reports on Mike McMahon's change of his hair color to raise funds for the Loros Manorcroft hospice in Leicester, England.
- Over Â£60,000 for Hope House. // Glass Age;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p12
Announces the total amount raised by the nonprofit GM Fundraising to benefit the Oswestry, England-based children's hospice Hope House. Use of the funds to cover the costs of employing three nurses for one year.
- The Welsh assembly. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/23/2004, Issue 2602, p38
Highlights the gala dinner and conference related to tourist trade in Cardiff, Wales. Offering of fund raising campaign for children's hospice; Names of travel agents participated in the event; Success of the event.
- CELEBRITIES POSE FOR HOSPICE FUNDS. // Nursing Standard;9/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that 100 celebrities have agreed to pose for a series of photographs in order to raise funds for the Trinity Hospice in London. The signed photographs of these celebrities, which includes former Rugby Union player Martin Johnson, were taken by portrait photographer Rich...
- Through December Angel Tree Fundraiser. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/27/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the continuation of Central Texas Medical Center Hospice Care's 2006 Tree of Angels fundraiser in San Marcos, Texas. The program will continue through December 2006. Angel ornaments inscribed with loved one's name can be purchased. Their cost ranged from $10 to $20....
- Swing with Hospice was a success...Thanks! Grunfeld, Connie // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p9
In this article the author discusses the letter written in behalf of the United Hospice of Rockland (UHR) in New York to thank those who attended the "Swing with Hospice". She acknowledges those who have supported and helped made its annual spring ball on May 31, 2009 successful which raised...
- Our famous names. // Third Sector;8/20/2008, p21
The article offers information on the support extended by stand-up comedian Mark Olver for hospices all over Great Britain. He has performed at the Fringe Festival to raise money for Help the Hospices. He has also put on shows along the route with all the proceeds split between the Help the...
- Annual Hospice Walk set for May 7. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p26
The article offers information on the seventh Annual Hospice Walk on May 7, 2006 in Westwood, New Jersey. The Hospice at Bergin Community Health Care, a not-for-profit home hospice affiliated with Pascack Valley Hospital, is hosting the charitable walk together with community organizations,...