Polypropylene's Comeback Tour
- AF&Y, Polisilk launching joint marketing effort. // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p40
Reports that the North Carolina-based American Fibers and Yarns Co. is expanding its distribution in Europe through an agreement with family-owned Spanish yarn supplier Polisilk. Polisilk's offer of twisted yarns and polypropylenes; American Fiber's supply of solution-dyed filament yarns.
- AF&Y: plans to increase PP fiber extrusion and texturing capacity. // Melliand International;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the plan of American Fibers and Yarns Co. (AF&Y) of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, the leading supplier of solution dyed polypropylene (PP) filament yarns, to increase its fiber extrusion capacity by 30% and its texturing capacity by 25%. The company also plans to hire 25-30...
- Performance. Borneman, James M. // Textile World;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p27
The article offers news briefs related to textile industry in the U.S. American Fibers and Yarns Co. has reported progress with its InnovaÂ® polypropylene fiber. EMS-Chemie Inc. has been producing polyamide (PA) and PA bonding for more than 30 years. Kuraray America Inc.'s Vectran...
- Exactly Why Are Two Shirts Cooler Than One? Strickland, Bill // Bicycling;Aug2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p87
Explains the reason behind the capability of polypropylene undershirt used by cyclists to produce a cooling effect on the skin during summer.
- AF&Y, Pro Feet Team For Athletic Socks. // Textile World;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p54
The article reports on the partnership between American Fibers & Yarns Co. (AF&Y) and sock manufacturer Pro Feet Inc. for the production of Multi-Sport Team Socks. The socks will be made with AF&Y's Innova engineered performance yarn and will feature a stain or fade, odor, mildew and mold and...
- AF&Y develops acrylic-like yarn. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;1/6/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p10
Reports on American Fibers & Yarns Co.'s development of an acrylic-like olefin yarn. Performance characteristics of the material.
- Portuguese breakthrough in football shirts. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p46
The article reports on the application of the results of the textile fabric research project at Minho University in northern Portugal to the football shirts manufactured by sports brand Lacatoni. The team at the university's center for textile science and technology examined the application of...
- Best gym socks. Ryan, Leslie; McDowell, Dimity // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p130
Evaluates several gym socks.
- Socks for jocks. // Golf Digest;Oct99, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p38
Describes the different designs of socks worn by golfers in summer 1999. Tour professionals' wearing of cotton quarter; Wearing of old-fashioned men's roll-top socks; Outdated Argle knee-high socks; White athletic basketball socks.