- Green Stamps get a digital makeover. Parmar, Arundhati // Marketing News;4/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p23
Provides information on the marketing strategies adapted by Sperry & Hutchinson, through the use of customer loyalty programs, in the U.S. from the 1950s to early 2000. Popularity of Green Stamps to consumers in the 1950s and 1960s; Reason for the downfall of the firm in 1981; Introduction of...
- Think through finding a new market. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;12/27/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 52, p9
The article provides an answer to a question of how to find a new market.
- Can you keep customers coming back? Duff, Amy; Johnston, Mike // Director;Dec2002, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p36
Reports that companies in Great Britain are opting for complex marketing methods to gain a competitive advantage. Use of loyalty cards to generate data for the business; Benefits of loyalty program for businesses; Advice for companies using loyalty programs. INSET: Campaign of the month.
- The Five Ps of Marketing. Nethery, Tony // Nashville Automotive Report;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses the importance to develop a loyal customer base and the people, adding another P for People to the traditional four Ps of marketing (Product, Promotion, Price and Place).
- Consumers Unhappy With Loyalty Plans. McKenna, Andrea // American Banker;3/22/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 44, p5
Brief information is given about a December 2010 online survey of U.S. consumers which found 40 percent of the respondents had a bad experience with retail loyalty card programs.
- Off to the Races. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Oct2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p72
Discusses the strategies used by Alan H. Cohen, David I. Klapper and Larry J. Sablosky, founders of The Finish Line, in establishing and maintaining the success of the sporting goods store chain in the U.S. Background of the founders; Outcome of selling technical footwear as a self-service...
- Earnings Reports. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;1/29/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
The article offers updates on the sporting goods industry. The Board of Directors of Finish Line Inc. declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.025 per share of Class A and Class B common stock. The cash dividend will be payable to March 2, 2007 shareholders on March 19, 2007. Shoe Pavilion Inc....
- The Sporting Club. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;8/27/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p150
This article discusses the effects of retail consolidation in the sporting goods industry, which has put a tight financial squeeze on the manufacturers of those products. The article explains how the manufacturers are fighting back by opening their own retail stores. Companies discussed in the...
- Loopt offers consumers gold star perks with mobile loyalty program. Dorbian, Iris // DM News;6/7/2010, p6
The article reports on the launch of the Loopt Star mobile loyalty program by Loopt Inc. on June 1, 2010