LAMAR LAUNCHES NEW FITNESS BRAND
- BAA shifts rewards focus to Heathrow. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);10/ 2/2012, p5
The article reports that the Heathrow Rewards brand is being considered by BAA as a replacement for its WorldPoints loyalty program, which allows customers to collect points for shopping in Stansted, Southampton, Glasgow and Aberdeen airports.
- Battling for loyalty. // Convenience Store;9/28/2012, p74
The article reports on the customer loyalty schemes launched by dairy product brands Anchor and Clover.
- IHG FAST TRACKS ELITE STATUS. // Business Traveler;Jun2014, p52
The article reports that hotel management company InterContinental Hotels Group PLC has offered its members a chance to achieve an Elite Status through booking at several IHG brands in 2014.
- Punters get a Brewers Fayre bonus. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;4/4/2013, Issue 96, p21
The article reports on the launch of a Bonus Club scheme by Whitbread PLC in its Brewers Fayre brand to boost customer loyalty in Great Britain in 2013.
- Brand Loyalty Programs: Are They Shams? Shugan, Steven M. // Marketing Science;Spring2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p185
Brand loyalty and the more modern topics of computing customer lifetime value and structuring loyalty programs remain the focal point for a remarkable number of research articles. At first, this research appears consistent with firm practices. However, close scrutiny reveals disaffirming...
- Rewards Points Established. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/27/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on ICOR Rewards Program in Indianapolis, Indiana. The program gives the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians opportunities to collect reward points for buying ICOR International Inc. refrigerants. The logos of the three products, Hot Shot,...
- Keep 'em coming back for more. Vence, Deborah L. // Marketing News;10/13/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p19
The articles discusses key indicators for customer retention and acquire customer loyalty. Marketers need to go beyond the satisfaction marker and draw on a variety of indicators in order to better learn what keeps customers faithful. Marketers used to look at the product as the end game and...
- Be loyal to your customers. Hennessy, John // Marketing News;10/13/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p20
The article discusses the importance for companies to be loyal to their customers. The reason to execute a loyalty program is to improve customer loyalty. However, the promotional practices used by most loyalty programs do little to build loyalty. Customers often change preferences. Customers...
- The Development of the Largest Loyalty Brand in the UK: Nectar. Campbell, Richard // European Retail Digest;Spring2004, Issue 41, p1
Provides information on the development of the Nectar loyalty brand operated by Loyalty Management UK Ltd. in Great Britain. List of retailers that sponsored the founding of Nectar in September 2002; Features of the loyalty program; Significance of the program to retailing management.