Spreading the Light
- L.L. Bean Expanding Its Presence in Retail. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/28/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 18, p2
Reports that L.L. Bean will open a store at Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia. Floor area of selling space; Sales revenues generated by the company in 1999; Reason why the company chose Tysons Corner as the site for its expansion initiative.
- Buttoned Up. Coupe, Kevin // Chain Store Age;Mar2007, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p42
The author comments on the importance for retailers to pay attention to the little things that often can make the difference between a customer being satisfied or not. He shares that he stopped buying anything at Territory Ahead, after finding out that the buttons on the store's shirts he...
- L.L. Bean to open outlet in New Haven. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/30/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 31, p4
The article announces the plan of L.L. Bean Inc. to open a factory-discounted outlet in fall 2007 in Orange, Connecticut. The firm is leasing a 13,000-square-foot space at the Orange Meadows Shopping Center from Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc. According to the company, the new outlet will sell...
- L.L. Bean leads retail bump. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p18
The article informs that L.L. Bean Inc., a 95-year-old company based in Portland, Maine, will begin construction in April 2007 on a store at Arboretum shopping center in South Barrington, Illinois. Bean plans to open three stores in 2007 in the Northeast and will double that pace in 2008. The...
- MAINE. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/11/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 23, p61
The article reports that Arrowstreet was commissioned to design Village Square, a new 113,000-square feet lifestyle retail center in Freeport, Maine. L.L. Bean is owner of land and Berenson Associates is developer for the $45-million project, which also calls for 550 parking garage spaces....
- Bean turns kids on with fun store. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Oct97, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p162
Focuses on the L. L. Kids store, a retail venture from L. L. Bean Incorporated. Description of the store's design and merchandise; How the store was designed; Popular attraction of the store.
- INDUSTRY UPDATES:. // Chain Store Age;Feb2009, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p54
The article presents the result of the National Retail Federation (NRF) Foundation/American Express Customers' Choice survey, conducted by BIGresearch. Based on the customers' votes on the Internet-only retailers who offered the best customer service, L.L Bean came first, followed by...
- L.L.Bean to convert Fayetteville location to full retail store. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the plan of L.L.Bean Inc. to convert its retail outlet in Fayetteville Towne Center in New York into a full retail store.
- L.L. Bean Sets 2d Full-Line Store. Palmieri, Jean E.; McKinney, Melonee // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/21/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 78, p2
Reports on footwear retailer L.L. Bean Inc.'s opening of only the second of its full-line stores at Tysons Corner mall in McLean, Virginia, in the summer of 2000. Plan to open three to five stores in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast over three to four years; Company history; Success experienced...