Speedo Dives into Activewear
- THE STUFF OF ATHENS. Esty, Jennifer // Fast Company;Aug2004, Issue 85, p33
This section presents technology-powered sporting goods that can help sports-oriented people perform like an Olympian. Speedo teamed with shark researchers, Hollywood special-effects experts, and Formula One software providers to produce the FastSkin FSII, a swimsuit it says cuts drag by up to...
- feature Design for sport. // Curve (Australia);2010, Issue 31, p30
The article discusses the design and development of swimwear, watershorts, apparel, equipment, footwear and licensed products for Speedo International Ltd. The team of its global research and development facility Aqualab works with sport science and technological innovation to create swimwear,...
- Speedo Takes the Plunge With Fastskin II Suits. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on Fastskin II suit which is claimed by Speedo as the fastest swimsuit in the world. Features of the suit; Information on the research and development of the product; Launch of the product; Image models for the swimsuit.
- Making waves. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the new high-performance sportswear introduced by several sporting goods industries. Information on the company Speedo's LZR Racer swimwear is presented, which the company claims to be the world's first fully bonded swimsuit that is ultrasonically welded. Nike Inc.'s Zoom...
- Speedo Takes a Dive Into Activewear. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/19/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the Axcelerate activewear line to be launched by Speedo in spring 2004. Information on the technical fabrics used in Speedo Axcelerate products; Items included in the activewear line including boyshorts and sports bras; Wholesale prices for the collection.
- Speedo Line Gets Olympic Boost. Holt, Emily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/9/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the modeling of Speedo activewear collection by Olympic gold medalists Amanda Beard, Natalie Coughlin and Michael Phelps in New York. Items modeled by the athletes; Commendation of Speedo by Beard and Coughlin; Wholesale prices of the collection.
- BATHING BABES. Vercelletto, Christina // Baby Talk;May2006, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p54
The article presents a comparison of bathing suits for children including products from Speedo, Garnet Hill and Children's Place and offers information on their prices and where they can be bought.
- Speedo Hydracomfort Biofuse. // Wired;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p60
The article evaluates the Hydracomfort Biofuse goggles from Speedo USA.
- WATCH AND LEARN. // Australian Triathlete;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
This article reports on the live window displays launched at Speedo stores in Bondi Junction in New South Wales and Doncaster in Victoria for the new TriathELITE range of triathlon apparel.