eBay Pumps Up Fitness Sales
- eBay Remains a Bright Spot in Online Retailing. Carr, Bob // SGB;May2004, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the advantages of auctioning sporting goods on the eBay Web site. Sales of sporting goods, fan apparel and collectibles in 2003; Significance of the site to trade buyers; Information on Airsoft, a paintball and pellet gun offered in the site.
- Value-able innovation. Murphy, Mark S. // Golf World;1/16/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the launch of Value Guide, a web site for selling used golf clubs from PGA.com. Partnership with eBay and 3Balls.com; Comment of 3Balls.com founder Leigh Bader regarding the advantages of Value Guide; Plan to launch Trade-In Network, a web site for trading used golf clubs.
- EBay. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/26/2014, pA02
The article reports on the decision of the multinational Internet consumer company EBay Inc. to shut-down its curated social-shopping site Svpply, after acquiring it less than two years in the U.S.
- eBay Says It Can Speed the REO Sales Process. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p12
Features the eBay Web site in California. Competence of eBay in online home sales; Stages involved in the real estate online sales; Services offered by the site.
- Stellar eBay trade growth. Douglas, Jeanne-Vida // BRW;3/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p15
The article focuses on the report "The eBay Online Business Index" which revealed the rapid growth of businesses that sell on eBay site in Australia, compared to the rest of the retail sector in 2010.
- Competition set to hot up with launch of set price eBay Express. Goodman, Eleanor // Cabinet Maker;10/6/2006, Issue 5508, p4
The article reports on the launching of eBay Express, a Web site for professional furniture retailers who want to sell products at fixed prices, by auction firm eBay Inc. in Great Britain. The initiative was part of eBay's plan to dominate the online retail market. The allows customers to avoid...
- EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN. // Equipment Solutions;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the availability of foodservice and retail category items on the eBay web site for U.S. citizens. Growth of the electronic store; Safeguards developed by eBay to address the apprehensions of buyers in purchasing through the Internet; Option set by eBay for operators in equipment...
- Scripps, eBay Acquiring Shopping Sites. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/20/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p18
This article reports on the acquisition of shopping sites Shopzilla.com and Shopping.com by the E. W. Scripps Co. and eBay, respectively. The deals, which were announced within days of each other earlier this June 2005, are expected to close in the third quarter of 2005. Scripps, the multimedia...
- Beating pureplays at own game. Godsell, Melanie // Marketing (00253650);12/6/2006, p15
The article focuses on the views of the author on the recent increase in online visits of consumers to the Web sites of retailers. Broadband, mobile phones, Bratz dolls, digital cameras, laptops PCs, iPods, lingerie, Barbie dolls, Nintendo DS, and LCD TVs were the 10 most searched-for items on...