A Strenuous Exercise
- Health club craze pumps up fitness accessory business. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the increase in health club membership in the United States and the sales growth of fitness equipment and related accessories. Why health club memberships are demand indicator for fitness equipment; How to capitalize on these trends.
- Corporate Fitness Goes Digital. // Fitness Management;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the 12-Week Online Boot Camp System corporate weight-loss program being offered by AYC Health & Fitness in Prairie Village, Kansas. The program offers face-to-face workouts and online workouts that are emailed directly to clients who are traveling or unable to attend a...
- When Is A Standard of Care Not A Standard of Care? Voris, Harvey C.; Rabinoff, Marc // Sports Medicine Standards & Malpractice Reporter;Apr2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p29
The authors urge the professional sport equipment and operations organizations including the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) to set strong industry standards and guidelines concerning fitness facility operations, which can be relied upon to establish a standard of care. They cite a...
- City Council in St. Paul, MN, Changes Ordinance. S. G. // Fitness Business Pro;Nov2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p20
The article reports that Saint Paul City Council voted unanimously to allow 24-hour key-card clubs in Minnesota. It states that the key-card will allow clubs such as Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness to operate without an employee present in the club at all times. According to the article, the...
- Something for Everyone. Agoglia, John // Fitness Business Pro;Nov2004, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
Highlights the Club Industry 2004 in the U.S. Event description; Number of fitness professionals attended the show; Sponsors; Programs and activities.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- ROLLER FOREVER. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p98
This article presents several roller bags for skateboarding people. Alpine Divine roiling suitcase by L-R-G for $150. 9800 by Ogio for $180. Bradley by Etnies for $90. Viathan by DC for $180. Split Roller 120 by Dakine for $130. Des Grafik Omega Roller by Volcom for $190. 60/40 Convertible by...
- A High Price to Pay. Lunan, Charlie; Ryan, Tom // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article offers the author's comments on how the weakening U.S. economy and Chinese sourcing issues are forcing the sporting goods industry to rethink ways of doing business. It is predicted that prices are expected to rise dramatically during the next two years, mainly due to higher...
- SPORTS CENTER. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article presents the results of a survey on the sporting and athletic goods industry in Oregon which was held in 2013. Almost 68% of the respondents said that the industry is important for the state economy. According to 15 percent of the respondents, firms involved in golf and adventure...