Structured Finance Profitability Falls 26%
- AFGI Urges Puerto Rico To Close Gap. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p1
The article reports on the warning given by the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI) that Puerto is in danger of losing access to bond insurance and affordable market access if its credit falls to junk status. AFGI urged the government to take immediate legislative action to close...
- Alabama County's $650M of Warrants Highlight Short Calendar. Albano, Christine; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p6
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, plans to price $650 million of fixed-rate limited obligation school warrants in a transaction that was postponed last week and is no longer expected to carry bond insurance. It will be the largest offering to brave the holiday-abbreviated week,...
- Municipal Bond Market Set for More Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34413, p1
Municipal bond traders were set for more supply to price on Wednesday after seeing over $4 billion of new deals hit the market on Tuesday.
- Attention Underwriters. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p35
Reports on the plan of Connecticut to reevaluate bond underwriting. Possibility of the issuance of a request for bond proposals; Statement of Catherine Boone, assistant state treasurer, regarding its plans; Changes in the bond counsel lineup of the state.
- MBIA Says It Will Resume Doing Business in Oklahoma. Chang, Helen; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. has decided that it would again bid to insure state and local bond issues in Oklahoma. Troubled jail revenue bonds, issued by the Grady County Industrial Authority in 1999, led MBIA in July 2004 to cease insuring any new state and local issues. The...
- AFGI and Its Members Look for Ways to Tap European Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p6
The article reports that the members of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers assembled with European institutional investors in London, England as part of an industry campaign to make headway in the European market. Unlike the U.S. municipal market--in which about 50% of municipal...
- Ambac Shares Drop 17% After Disappointing Earnings Report. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p6
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. has plunged a disappointing earning report on credit enhancement production of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. Definition of credit enhancement production as gross up-front premiums with the present value of estimated installment premiums on insurance...
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- Southeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Lists bonds for issuance in southeast United States. Issuer; Value; Underwriter; Expected sale date.