NEWS IN BRIEF
- Weekly T Bills Co At 1.685%, 1.990%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p2
Reports on the tender rates for the weekly treasury bills in Washington. Percentage of the coupon equivalents; Assimilation of the tender rates for the discount bills.
- The weighted average yield on Uganda's benchmark 91-day Treasury bills edged down to 8.756%. // African Business News;1/28/2014, p32
The article reports on the decrease in the weighted average yield on Uganda's benchmark 91-day Treasury bills from 8.886% to 8.756% as of January 8, 2014.
- Credit agency cuts outlook for county. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);8/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, pA7
Reports on Standard & Poor's Inc.'s downgrading of the credit rating of Spokane County, Washington. Reasons behind the revision; Impact of the rating downgrade on the county's financial position.
- ILLINOIS: The Fall of Libertyville. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33279, p9
The article reports on the decline of Libertyville, Illinois' general obligation rating by two points, as provided by the Moody's Investor Service, and affirmed its outlook due to a deteriorated fiscal position.
- Moody's Downgrades Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p1
Reports decline in the credit rating given by Moody's Investors Service to the state of Wisconsin. Impact of the credit rating on the state; Factors contributing to the decline in the credit rating; Efforts of state officials to improve bond ratings and stabilize budget policies.
- Moody's Seeks Comment on Methodology Changes for Financial Guarantor Ratings. Bonello, Maria // Bondbuyer.com;8/5/2014, p22
The article reports on proposed changes in the rating method used by credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service for financial guarantors in 2014. Topics covered include the problem with the housing market of the U.S. as well as the recovery of the country's National Finance Guarantee agency....
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 0.900% High. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p2
Reports on the auction by the U.S. Department of the Treasury of four-week bills.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; Wisconsin, Virginia Deals Sell Well. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Decline of the non-manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management; Bidders for the general obligation bond issue of Wisconsin; Stability of the pricing for the Treasury bills.
- Treasury to Offer $4B In Cash Managements. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p2
Reports on the auction of four billion of one-day cash management bills by the Treasury Department in the U.S.