Fairness Versus Efficiency in Environmental Law
- INTERNATIONAL INSOLVENCY AND ENVIRONMENTAL OBLIGATIONS: A PRELUDE TO RESOLVING THE CONFLICTING POLICIES OF A CLEAN SLATE VERSUS A CLEAN SITE IN TRANSNATIONAL BANKRUPTCIES. Neiman, David // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p789
Explores the issues raised when environmental claims arise during the course of international solvencies. Discussion of how the U.S. judiciaty reconciled its Bankruptcy Code's objective and substantial provisions with the U.S. policy of strict environmental liability; Treatment of...
- Program for Water Pollution Control in Major River Reaches Formulated. // China Chemical Reporter;6/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p12
The article reports on a program formulated by the Ministry of Environmental Protection, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Water Conservancy, and the Ministry of Real Estate and Municipal Construction in China. The "Program for the Water Pollution Control in Major...
- The Framework Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment of the Caspian Sea. Janusz, Barbara // Chinese Journal of International Law;2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p257
The Framework Convention for the Protection of the Marine Environment of the Caspian Sea, which concluded recently between Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan, is a great step on the long path of rescuing the fragile Caspian Sea environment devastated by the economies of the...
- PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT AT A CROSSROADS. Layard, Antonia // Journal of Environmental Law;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p401
Discusses British papers on planning and the environment. 'Environmental Planning,' released by the Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution; 'Planning and Environmental Protection,' edited by Chris Miller; 'Sustainability, Land Use and Environment: A Legal Analysis,' by Mark Stallworthy.
- REGULATING IPC IN SCOTLAND: A STUDY OF ENFORCEMENT PRACTICE. Lovat, Claire // Journal of Environmental Law;2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p49
Studies enforcement practices regulating integrated pollution control regime in Scotland. Opinions of some environmental protection officers; Enforcement data and policy of the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency.
- Constitutive Law and Environmental Policy. Doremus, Holly // Stanford Environmental Law Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p295
Describes a constitutive approach to environmental policy in the U.S. that provides a principled framework for decisions. Information on the constitutive power of law; Reason environmental policy demands attention to the constitutive dimensions of law; Brief taxonomy of constitutive...
- Guest Editor's Introduction. Zusman, Eric // Chinese Law & Government;May/Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the trends in environmental legislation in China. Stages of the history of environmental legal development in China; Systems in which the basic environmental law is set in place to influence subsequent environmental legislation; Biggest omissions in the environmental legislation.
- Environmental Protection Law (for Trial Implementation) of the People's Republic of China (1979). // Chinese Law & Government;May/Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p51
Presents the environmental protection law of the People's Republic of China for trial implementation in 1979. Function of the law; Scope of the meaning of environment for the purposes of the environmental protection law; Guidelines governing environmental protection work.
- ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION IN THE 21st CENTURY. Harman, John // Environmental Law Review;2004, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p141
Focuses on environmental regulation in the 21st century. Expression of the desired environmental outcome; Setting of regulatory process; Challenges facing regulators in Great Britain.