Going on Safari for Comcast Launches
- Cedar Point aims to simplify VoIP. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the aim of Cedar Point Communications to simplify internet telephony services in Windham, New Hampshire. Function of the Cable Media Switching System; Employment of circuit switched services; Advantages of the switching system on operators.
- CABLE TELEPHONY GETS OPTION IN NEW SILICON. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p14
Features the BroadVoice PacketCable-compliant silicon introduced by Broadcom Corp. on the cable Internet telephony market in the U.S. Contribution of the product in improving chip modularity; Plans of incorporating BroadVoice with the product line of Cedar Point Communications Inc.; Benefit of...
- Comcast to grade Cedar Point in the lab. // CED;Jan2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the role of Comcast Corp. in the testing of the Cable Media Switching Systems of IP-telephony firm Cedar Point Communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Evaluation of the equipment of Cedar Point; Efforts to simplify IP telephony.
- Back to School. // Communications Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the utilization of SAFARI C multimedia switching system by Cedar Point Communications. SAFARI is considered as a cable-specific voice over Internet protocol. It will be used as replacement for the existing private branch exchange (PBX) and trunking technology within the...
- METROCAST CABLEVISION SELECTS CEDAR POINT' SAFARI C. // Tele-Service News;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the decision of MetroCast Cablevision to elect Cedar Point Communications as its switching vendor to deliver voice-over Internet Protocol cable telephony services to its subscribers. Plan of MetroCast for the deployment of Cedar's telephony system; Background of the companies;...
- Insight calls up voice vendors. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
Reports that Insight Communications has added ARRIS and Cedar Point Communications to its lineup of Voice over Internet Protocol vendors. Claim that Insight Communications has selected ARRIS' PacketCable 1.1.-qualified C4 cable modem termination system to support the service as well as Cedar...
- CEDAR POINT COMMUNICATIONS JOINS INTERNET2. // Networks Update;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that Cedar Point Communications, a provider of integrated voice and multimedia switches for telecommunications industries, has joined Internet2, an advanced networking consortium led by the research and higher education community, as a corporate member. The initiative calls...
- Growth in the Desert. Junkus, Justin // Communications Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p28
Examines growth opportunities in the field of Internet telephony. Features of the broadband architecture of Narad Networks; Expertise of Cedar Point Communications in telephony and data switching; Service offered by Net2Phone.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p29
Presents news briefs on cable television and telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Plan of the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission to regulate voice over IP networks; Details of the increased net sales of C-COR.net; Information on a certification deal acquired by...