- ABC took winding 'Path' from prestige to furor. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;9/21/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 56, p2
The article presents the author's views on ABC Inc.'s miniseries "The Path to 9/11," which is based on the 9/11 Commission Report and other sources. There has been much controversy since the program aired on ABC channel. The program was criticized due to some factual errors in representation of...
- ON THE HORIZON. Berger, Robin // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA8
Reports on Turner Network Television cable television network's launch of its two-night miniseries 'Caesar,' on June 29, 2003. Names of characters.
- 'Roots' Redux Rates a Record. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the primetime ratings of the television series Roots for Hallmark Channel in the United States. Theme of the miniseries; Effect of the show on the record performances of the channel; List of other shows with good household ratings.
- Banking on Behemoths. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p28
Presents information on the television miniseries, "Into the West" and "Rome," that will be launched respectively by Turner Network Television (TNT) and Home Box Office in the U.S. in 2005. Other cable networks that are preparing to launch their own miniseries; Genre used by the two miniseries;...
- ON THE HORIZON. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA2
Announces the launch of Home Box Office cable television network's series 'Carnivale' on September 14, 2003. Names of characters.
- ON THE HORIZON. Rosen, Craig // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA10
Features USA Networks cable television network's 'Peacemakers' television series which will start on July 30, 2003. Names of characters.
- Spike heads down mines. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;1/7/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 5, p15
The article reports that cable television network, Spike, has ordered 10 episodes of the new reality series "Coal," from Thom Beers in 2011 in the U.S.
- TNT renews 'Witchblade' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/24/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 60, p9
Reports that United States-based cable channel TNT has renewed its original series 'Witchblade' for a second cycle of 13 episodes. Success of the original series; Production of the show by sister company Warner Bros.
- Hong Kong. Fitzpatrick, Liam // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/2/2009 Commemorative Issue, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p53
The article discusses the way in which Hong Kong, China, was portrayed in the 1988 miniseries "Noble House." Comparisons are made regarding the way in which Hong Kong was portrayed in the mini-series and the way it is in 2009. The way in which the miniseries described the people and places...