DirecTV Unifies Latin Platform
- DirecTV Merger. // Business Mexico;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p12
Reports that Televisa and DirecTV Group Inc. have agreed to consolidate Rupert Murdoch's satellite television holdings in Mexico. Terms of the deal; Plans of the companies to jointly target the U.S. Hispanic market; Lawsuit filed to block the deal.
- TELEVISA WINS BIG IN RUPE DEAL. Bensinger, Ken; Sutter, Mary // Variety;10/18/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 9, p20
Reports the advantage of a consolidation deal between DirecTV and Sky satcaster brands to Mexican network Televisa. Value of the deal; Impact on DirecTV's operations; Advantage of the sale of Televisa's interest in Sky Multi-Country Partners to News Corp.
- money: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/9/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 39, p14
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment industry. EchoStar Communications Corp. plans to merge with Liberty Media Corp. after it controls DirectTV Group. Warner Music Group and Motorola Inc. announced a global strategic partnership to produce music-based products for the mobile...
- SKY SCOURS FOR SUBS. Bensinger, Ken // Daily Variety;12/8/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 48, p16
The article reports that less than two months after a massive Latin American feevee consolidation deal, Sky Mexico is hurrying to haul in every available customer. The satellite-caster said this week that it had transferred 16,000 subscribers from DirecTV Mexico since the mid-October union of...
- Endemol, Televisa to pact in Mexico. Edmunds, Marlene; Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;9/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the joint venture between Endemol Entertainment and Mexican TV conglomerate Televisa to produce programs for the free and pay TV market in Mexico. Announcement of Telefonica Media, mother company of Endemol to change its name; Development of programs by Endemol to license worldwide;...
- TELEVISA -- IUSACELL. Agren, David // Latin Trade (Spanish);ene/feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p60
No abstract available.
- GATES BUYS PIECE OF TELEVISA. // Business Mexico;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the Bill Gates' acquisition of shares from Grupo Televisa SA in Mexico.
- CableFAX Week in Review. // CableFAX Daily;7/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p4
Reports on the stock performance of cable television and technology companies in the U.S. for a week ending June 30, 2006. DirectV; Cablevision; Grupo Televisa; Microsoft.
- SKY MAY FALL ON DIRECTV. Bensinger, Ken // Daily Variety;3/4/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the consideration of Grupo Televisa SA to buy out the subscribers of rival DirecTV Inc. in Mexico.