Slight Sub Growth Ahead
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Forecasting Phone Gains at Comcast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p82
This article reports on the sales forecast for Philadelphia-based cable operator Comcast Corp. for the second quarter of 2006. According to several analysts, Comcast is expected to add 175,000 to 275,000 voice-over-Internet protocol telephony customers in the period and that performance for the...
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- Cable operators eye telephony. Masud, Sam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
Reports on cable television operators' efforts to take advantage of a flexible Internet protocol platform to offer telephony services. Task of upgrading the older coax plant to a hybrid fiber coax; More television channels; Support for two-way voice, data and video communications.