- How Can Auto Suppliers Comply With Standards? Pearch, Clyde; McRoberts, W.A. // Quality;Sep2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p54
Discusses the QS-9000 and Tooling and Equipment (TE) Supplement standards in the automotive industry. Information on what company qualifies as a automotive parts supplier; Fundamental limitations of ISO 9000 standards; Mandatory requirements which are incorporated in the QS-9000; Key...
- QS-9000 scores high among suppliers. Litsikas, Mary // Quality;Oct97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the advantages of QS-9000 relative to operations, quality and communication in the automotive supplier community. Documentation and control; Release of the first and second versions of QS-9000; Release date for the third edition; Impact of QS-9000 on cultures of different companies;...
- The quality gap. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on the QS-9000 certification. How it can be achieved; Comments from Andy Herman, owner of A.J. and Resources Incorporated; Information on deadline for Tier 1 suppliers to be QS-9000 certified; Details on the amount of suppliers who achieved this.
- Linking Six Sigma With QS-9000. Munro, Roderick A. // Quality Progress;May2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on the application of the QS-9000 quality control standard for the automobile supplies industry in the United States. Case example of the Six Sigma quality control program of Ford Motor Co.; Quality auditing procedures used in the QS-9000 standard; Description of the basic processes...
- Will QS-9000 disappear? Suzik, Holly Ann // Quality;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p12
Ponders the future of QS-9000 after the emergence of two automotive standards, the VDA 6.1 and TS 16949. Prediction on VDA 6.1; Comments from John Lindland, a consultant and director of process and quality development for Ford Motor Co.; Obstacle to using QS-9000 as the international standard.
- Why QS-9000 Was Developed and What's in Its Future. Dan Reid, R. // Quality Progress;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p115
Presents the history of QS-9000, the quality standard of the automobile parts industry in the United States. Impact of the introduction of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 Series Standards; Comparison of benefits derived from ISO 9000 and QS-9000; Four product...
- Quality Systems Requirements in Supply Chain Management: The Implementation of QS-9000 by United States Automakers. Bandyopadhyay, J.K. // International Journal of Management;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p206
Describes the model and architecture of the QS-9000 Quality Systems Requirements and the process of implementation of QS-9000 for supply chain quality management in the automotive industry. Evolution of International Standards Organization-9000 and QS-9000 standards; Details on the architecture...
- Six Lessons Learned From QS-9000. Reid, R. Dan // Quality Progress;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p76
The article discusses the lessons learned by the author from the implementation of QS-9000 by original equipment manufacturers (OEM). The author emphasizes that a small, focused drafting committee is an effective standards development method. He also explains that the agreement of executives and...
- Standen's QS-9000-certified. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2003, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the registration to the QS-9000 automotive quality standard awarded to Standen's Ltd. Products of Standen's.