Assembling the assembly systems
- D/C moves to merge parts operations across Europe. Henry, Jim // Automotive News Europe;08/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p1
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG has begun folding Mercedes and Chrysler automobile brand parts activities worldwide into a single operation. Benefit from the move.
- DCC's Body Shops Get Flexible. Priddle, Alisa // Ward's Auto World;Jul2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p79
No abstract available.
- DaimlerChrysler makes hay. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Apr99, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p54
Reports on `Automotive Industries (AI)' periodical's A- rating for the overall performance of automaker DaimlerChrysler AG in 1998. Design and engineering; Management; Manufacturing; Marketing/branding; Quality; Productivity; Return on sales; Profit per unit; United States market share;...
- CHRYSLER AND MERCEDES WILL SHARE PARTS. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Apr2000, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p20
Reports on an internal memo circulating at DaimlerChrysler which establishes a goal of 40 percent shared body/chassis parts between Chrysler and Mercedes cars in 2003.
- The Transition Is Over. Jewett, Dale // Automotive Industries;Apr2000, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p32
Features automaker DaimlerChrysler company. Overall grade of the company; Human resources department of the company; Economic and financial performance; Productivity; Business operations; Environmental stewardship.
- Tight DCX rollout schedule means more early work. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p4
Reports on car company DaimlerChrysler's launch of its Chrysler Development System car and truck development program as of August 7, 2000. Details of the vehicle development and marketing program; Enhancement of the company's development program.
- Schrempp reveals DCX's new-model plans. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p10
Reports on DaimlerChrysler AG chairman Juergen Schrempp's announcement of the car model plans of the company through the year 2004. Background on the stock market performance of the company.
- U.S. sales slip in July; DCX dives 15 percent. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p50
Presents information on the sales performance of car companies in the United States as of August 7, 2000. Decline in sales experienced by car companies; Sales declines experienced by DaimlerChrysler; Factors affecting the market.
- Automakers saving by using Covisint. Kisiel, Ralph // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Reports the implication of automotive industry exchange for Daimler-Chrysler AG. Use of the Covisint stamping dies for the vehicle program; Details on the purchase of automaking supplies; Emphasis of the exchange on online procurement.