'Romantica' VOD Service Aims for Women
- Server Vendors Bask in VOD Glow. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p14A
Reports the optimism of video-on-demand (VOD) suppliers for the business performance of VOD products in the market. Claims of Concurrent Computer Corp. president Jack Bryant on product deployment; Belief of Seachange International Inc. president Yvette Gordon on the potential of the product;...
- Cable Operators Still Trying To Figure Out VOD. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p20
Focuses on video-on-demand (VOD) services. Confusion regarding the price, package and marketing of VOD among cable executives; Approach of cable operators towards VOD.
- New TVN CEO to Lead VOD Effort. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p27
Reports the appointment of Ian Aaron as president and chief executive officer of TVN Entertainment Corp. in the United States. Intention of transforming the company into a video-on-demand distribution server; Implications for the digital-content distribution plan; Details on TVN; Career...
- Jeff Pescatello. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;06/04/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p10
Profiles Jeff Pescatello, president and CEO of United States-based MeTV Network, a service that delivers TV-quality video and other content on demand via the Internet. Background; Difference of the company's service from competitors; Projects of the firm; Future vision.
- What video on demand can learn from PPV. Magiera, Marcy // Advertising Age;2/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p20
This article reports on the lessons that can be learned by cable companies pushing video on demand from the pay-per-view experience. Cable operators generally promote programming on barker channels and bill stuffers, with an occasional media advertising campaign from a movie studio seeking to...
- The demands of demand. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the issue about video-on-demand (VOD) dealt by cable marketing executives in the U.S. Domination of VOD and personal video recorders at the CTAM Summit; Losses of cable to direct broadcast satellite providers; Promise and threat held by the products to cable operators and networks.
- Hoover marketer appointed MD at digital TV service. // Marketing (00253650);7/20/2000, p3
Informs that Great Britain-based Kingston Interactive TelevisionKIT, the video-on-demand and content division of Kingston Communications, has appointed Kevin Walsh as managing director. Company's preparations for a wider launch of its service.
- VOTED & QUOTED. // Advertising Age;8/30/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 35, p13
Presents views from advertising executives on the impact of video on demand (VOD) on the television advertising industry. Responsibilities of media strategists; Importance of advertisements to the survival of VOD; Benefits of VOD for television advertising.
- CNET Launching Tech On-Demand. Hibberd, James // Television Week;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that Joe Gillespie, former CEO of TechTV, will be launching the CNET TV video-on-demand service in the U.S. in 2006. Gillespie is now serving as executive vice president of CNET. CNET TV will be providing about three hours of CNET-produced short-form original programming per...