Kentucky City Weighs Cable-System Buyout
- Comcast Time Warner Snag Adelphia. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in April 2005. Value of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition for Time Warner and Comcast; Division of Adelphia's communication systems between Time Warner and Comcast.
- Hey, Time Warner: Walk Away From Adelphia. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the reason behind the decision of Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Adelphia Communications Corp. Benefits offered by the acquisition deal to Time Warner Cable including increase in the number of subscribers; Amount in cash and stock that will be paid by Time Warner to acquire...
- Adelphia Gets Bites, Local Sale Uncertain. // Orange County Business Journal;7/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the plans of cable company Adelphia Communications Inc. in Orange County, California regarding the sale of its Southern California operations. Information on inquiries concerning the possible sale; Details on the Southland operations of the company; Background on Adelphia.
- Adelphia ties sports into awards program. Hogan // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p12
Reports on Adelphia Communications Corp.'s plan to launch its first customer-loyalty program on December 8, 1999. Aim of the program; Company's plan to initially launch its Adelphia Awards in western New York; Promotion of the company's sports-related holdings.
- Adelphia pulling plug on local phone service. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the notification given by telecommunication company Adelphia Communications Corp. to Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) stating that it will terminate its services in Ohio. Number of customers in Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown who will be affected by the notification;...
- L.A. to Adelphia: Pay Up. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p51
Reports the plans of Los Angeles to compel Adelphia Communications Corp. to pay $3.3 million dollars to the government. Rejection of extending the bankrupt operator's franchises; Schedule of specific upgrade construction timetable; Necessity of providing quality service to the citizens of the...
- Cable deal of the week. // High Yield Report;04/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p3
Reports on Adelphia Communications Corp.'s plan to buy Harron Communication Corp. for $1.17 billion. Increase in the value of Adelphia's stock; Possibility that the company will tap the high yield market to help finance the acquisition.
- DEAL MANIA. Benjamin, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 14, p40
Reports on the increased number levereged buyouts occurring. Competition between Time Warner and Comcast to buyout Adelphia Communications; Value of the deals; The three forces that fuel buyouts including a growing number of investment firms with track records in finding underperforming or...
- Adelphia reels in Harron. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p51
Focuses on Adelphia Communications' acquisition of Harron Communications. Value of the transaction; Profile of the companies' cable subscriber; Terms of the acquisition; Comments from officials.