Bells Play Hardball With Numbers
- Creating order out of DSL market chaos. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;07/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p34
Deals with the popularity of digital subscriber line (DSL) brokers helping enterprises with problems in their national DSL services. Websites that offer such services; Usual problem encountered by enterprises; Details on the case of PeopleSoft.
- Get down to business. Peck, Joe // Communications News;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p78
Discusses the business advantages of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Application of the DSL; Benefits of implementing the DSL solution; Types of DSL.
- Many have horror stories regarding the wait for DSL. Batdorff, Lee // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p23
Focuses on the experience of companies in Ohio in their adoption of digital subscriber lines (DSL) technology to their operations. Difficulties encountered by some in DSL installation; Benefits realized from DSL; DSL providers servicing the area.
- Into the ether. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;04/26/99, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p66
Introduces EtherLoop, a high-speed access technology that simultaneously supports voice and data on copper wire, from Elastic Networks company. Similarity of EtherLoop with digital subscriber line; Advantages of the technology.
- DSL/cable modem update. Smith, Mark R. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
The article presents an update on cable modems and digital subscriber lines (DSL) as of January 2006. In rural areas, laying cable is very expensive, and phone lines, technically, can only take the DSL signal out about three miles. However, in major metropolitan areas, a firm laying ten miles...
- A Big Step Up For Data. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p41
Comments on the Evolutionary Data Optimized (EV-DO) high speed wireless data service. Information on the EV-DO wireless data service offered by Verizon Wireless; Comparison of the data speed of EV-DO and digital subscriber line; Tests conducted on the EV-DO with a wired network connection.
- UDSL chip offers HDTV over copper. Senia, Al // Telecom Asia;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the unveiling by Texas Instruments of its Uni-digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Raising of DSL bandwidth to the point where it will be able to deliver high-definition television and other advanced video services; Compatibility of technology with existing DMT-based ADSL...
- Telcos can leverage infrastructure by rethinking inside the box. KLEIN, JEAN-FRANCOIS // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p15
The article offers information on the network device Internet protocol Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM) and copper crossconnects which delivers high-speed digital subscriber line (DSL). It states that the high-density broadband cabinet allows strategic midspan placement deep...
- BPL: The New Kid on the Block. // Communications Technology;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on broadband over power line (BPL) technology. This technology goes by other names, including access BPL, power line communications , power line telecommunications and power line broadband, although the previously mentioned BPL is the most common. In mid-October 2004, the...