Bells Play Hardball With Numbers
- Creating order out of DSL market chaos. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;07/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p34
Deals with the popularity of digital subscriber line (DSL) brokers helping enterprises with problems in their national DSL services. Websites that offer such services; Usual problem encountered by enterprises; Details on the case of PeopleSoft.
- Get down to business. Peck, Joe // Communications News;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p78
Discusses the business advantages of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Application of the DSL; Benefits of implementing the DSL solution; Types of DSL.
- Many have horror stories regarding the wait for DSL. Batdorff, Lee // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p23
Focuses on the experience of companies in Ohio in their adoption of digital subscriber lines (DSL) technology to their operations. Difficulties encountered by some in DSL installation; Benefits realized from DSL; DSL providers servicing the area.
- Into the ether. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;04/26/99, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p66
Introduces EtherLoop, a high-speed access technology that simultaneously supports voice and data on copper wire, from Elastic Networks company. Similarity of EtherLoop with digital subscriber line; Advantages of the technology.
- DSL/cable modem update. Smith, Mark R. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
The article presents an update on cable modems and digital subscriber lines (DSL) as of January 2006. In rural areas, laying cable is very expensive, and phone lines, technically, can only take the DSL signal out about three miles. However, in major metropolitan areas, a firm laying ten miles...
- A Big Step Up For Data. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p41
Comments on the Evolutionary Data Optimized (EV-DO) high speed wireless data service. Information on the EV-DO wireless data service offered by Verizon Wireless; Comparison of the data speed of EV-DO and digital subscriber line; Tests conducted on the EV-DO with a wired network connection.
- DSL finds its voice - again. // Telecom Asia;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
No abstract available.
- MOVING TO VDSL3. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;11/6/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p25
The article reports on the move taken by a small group of telecommunications companies led by ECI Telecom Ltd. for the development of a digital spectrum management (DSM) technology called Very high speed Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) 3. The technology is an upgraded version of VDSL2, thus it is...
- Infonetics: Broadband CPE and home networking vendors make push toward premium services; ZTE surges. // XDSL;Dec2011, p10
Several excerpts from the reports "Broadband CPE and Subscribers: PON, FTTH, Cable," and "DSL and Home Networking Devices" by market research firm Infonetics Research Inc. are presented.