Adelphia Heads to Stage Two
- CARVING UP CABLER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that the auction for Adelphia Communications Corp. begins in earnest this week, promising to remake the map of cable television in the U.S. Starting today, Adelphia's advisers, UBS and Allen & Co., will distribute a memorandum outlining the systems available for bid. Adelphia...
- Adelphia's Held Sale Talks. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p3
Deals with the auction for Adelphia Communications Corp. in 2004. Advisers hired by the company to manage the sale process; Reason behind the auction; Speculations of analysts about the auction;Bidders and bid price.
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/27/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the auction of cable systems from Adelphia Communications Corp. as of September 27, 2004. Number of subscribers included in each package of the company's properties; Significance of more bidders to the price of the property; Debt of the firm.
- Line Forming for Embattled Adelphia's OC Operation. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
States that bidders are lining up for the local network of coaxial cables assets of Adelphia Communications Corp. in Orange County, California. Value of the assets put on sale; Reason for selling the assets; Background of the company.
- It could be Half-Adelphia. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p12
Reports the plans of Adelphia Communications to auction its properties in the U.S. Percentage drop of company stock price; List of companies planning to participate in the auction; Accounts on the company shares to be auctioned.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the board meeting of Adelphia Communications Corp. which focuses on the decision whether to block a joint bid for its cable assets from Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Reason behind the board's consideration to block the joint bid; Estimated number of companies which signed the...
- Adelphia Auction Just a Start. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p42
Anticipates the results of the bidding process for the subscribers of Adelphia Communications Corp. in 2004. Expectations on cable consolidations in the U.S. in 2005; Impact of the growth of direct-broadcast satellite on the performance of the cable industry; Performance of the former...
- TW-Comcast, equity firms leading Adelphia suitors. Anderson, Kathleen; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/1/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 34, p5
The article focuses on the auction process for the bankrupt cableoperator which has shaped up mainly as a two-way race with final bids for Adelphia Communications Corp. Time Warner and Comcast Corp., the country's two largest cable firms, submitted a joint bid for all of Adelphia, sources close...
- Did you KNOW? // B&T Weekly;5/12/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2563, p44
The article presents the result of different surveys related to auction in Great Britain. It has cited that 70 percent of listed items in online auctions are bid on. The number of bids placed on the first day of an auction is positively related to a higher winning bid. A higher starting bid...