Mets, MSOs Team Up
- A Charter-TWC Deal Could Trip Up RDK. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;1/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the proposed takeover of Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. by Charter Communications Inc. which could threaten the effort of Comcast in deploying its Reference Design Kit (RDK) pre-integrated software platform for set-tops and gateways volume and scale.
- Comcast to Acquire Time Warner Cable. TRIBBEY, CHRIS; GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that mass media and communications company Comcast has decided to pursue the acquisition of Time Warner Cable, as of February 2014.
- Will a Vendor Get a License to Drive X1? Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;8/11/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p32
The article informs that merger with cable telecommunication company Time Warner Cable has put the plans of cable company Comcast to provide X1 license, its cloud-based video platform to other cable operators in low priority.
- Give Comcast Its Due. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 32, p30
The author reports that an expected flood of support for the Comcast/Time Warner Cable deal came from local organizations like the Urban League, various Latino groups and Boys and Girls Club.
- Critics team up to oppose $45 million merger between Comcast and Time Warner Cable. Hattem, Julian // Hill;12/4/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 121, p14
The article reports that consumer interest groups and two television companies in the U.S. have launched the Stop Mega Comcast coalition to oppose the proposed merger between cable telecommunications firm Time Warner Cable Inc. and mass media firm Comcast Corp.
- Comcast + Time Warner = ? // Business & Economy;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the concerns over the plan of mass media and communications company Comcast Corp. to acquire American cable telecommunications company Time Warner Cable Inc., such as the failure of the merger to reduce competition and its potential to end innovation as claimed by experts.
- Does Comcast-TWC Delay Spell Doom? EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;2/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on delay in vetting process of collaboration between cable operators Comcast and Time Warner Cable by Federal Communication Commission and Justice Department of Washington.
- Interesting Times. BUTTS, TOM // TV Technology;3/5/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses several topics including acquisition of Time Warner Cable Inc. by cable company Comcast Corp., effects of merger in the cable industry and revision of Communications Act.
- Time Warner, Comcast executives seek support in Congress for deal. Hattem, Julian // Hill;4/9/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p12
The article reports that David Cohen Executive Vice President of cable company Comcast and Arthur Minson, executive vice president of cable company Time Warner Cable has went to Capitol Hill for influencing lawmakers to support their plan of collaboration of 45.2 billion dollars.