Baan's new direction: Will it fly?
- The necessary expansion of ERP functionality. PISZCZALSKI, MARTIN // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec98, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p18
Argues that automotive assemblers need to expand the functionality of their enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Information on a package offered by The Baan Co.; Key component of a company's information technology strategy; Benefits of integrating product data management with...
- Baan Strengthens supply chain. Frye, Colleen // Software Magazine;Jul97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p106
Focuses on how the Baan Company earned its place in the top tier of ERP software providers. How Baan vaulted to prominence; Business acquisitions of Baan; Comment of Paul Wanderski of Lancer Corporation on Baan's improvement; Growth of the company's revenue.
- Baan to roll out next-generation C/S suite. Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;4/22/96, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p38
Reports on Baan Co.'s unveiling of a more expansive generation of its client/server application called the Baan IV. Features of the product; Price; Contact information.
- Users keep watch as Baan sales plummet. Dudman, Jane // Computer Weekly;2/20/2003, p8
Reports on a decline in sales of Netherlands-based enterprise resource planning supplier Baan Co. NV, in the year 2002. Reasons behind the decline as analyzed by Invensys, parent company of Baan; Impact of the decline on British users of Baan systems; Speculation over ownership of Baan due to...
- Baan makes manufacturing software push. Holt, Stannie // InfoWorld;04/27/98, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p10
Details the plans of Baan Co. to release a unified software suite designed to cover all aspects of manufacturing. Modules added to its Baan Supply Chain Solutions suite; Shift of its platform emphasis from Unix to Microsoft Corp.'s Component Object Model and Distributed COM; Contact information.
- Baan reorganizes product group, to spin off resellers. Holt, Stannie // InfoWorld;07/13/98, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p10
Details Baan Co.'s reorganization of its enterprise planning business aimed to settle the financial relationships between the company and its founder, Jan Baan. Reorganization of its product divisions into five so-called Global Product Business Units; Promotion of President Tom Tinsley to Chief...
- Baan reports higher earnings; reorganizes top management. D'Amico, Mary Lisbeth; Holt, Stannie // InfoWorld;08/03/98, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p12
Presents news updates concerning enterprise application vendor Baan Co. as of August 3, 1998. Increase of net income for the second quarter by 46 percent; Resignation of co-founder Jan Baan as chairman of the management board; Clarification of the accounting practices.
- Juggling act. Moad, Jeff // PC Week;05/12/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p123
Looks at the performance of the Baan Co. as of May 12, 1997. Chief Executive Officer Jan Baan; Baan's joint venture with Hyperion Software Corp.; Baan's success with its Unix-based ERP package in the United States in 1989; Baan's plans to fulfill its vertical market supply-chain strategy;...
- When dealing with Baan, get it in writing. // PC Week;10/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p110
Suggests that Baan Co. customers get up-front support-level agreements before picking up a Baan solution because of company problems as of October 13, 1997. Details about the company problems.