- Everybody off the bandwagon? Hardy, Stephen M. // Lightwave;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p12
Editorial. Focuses on the impact of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Triennial Review final order on the fiber optics industry. Declaration of SBC Communications Inc. to retreat from optical access; Content of the order; Replacement of the existing copper loops with fiber.
- Network Planning of Broadband Wireless Networks. Bollapragada, Ramesh; Morawski, Thomas B.; Pinzon, Luz E.; Richman, Steven H.; Sackett, Raymond // Interfaces;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p143
To deploy broadband networks, service providers, such as competing local exchange carriers, need robust plans for providing various types, amounts, and locations of services at competitive prices. Broadband networks generally consist of an access component (wireless access), a concentration...
- BT to set up ring-fenced business for local loop network provision. // Electronics Weekly;2/9/2005, Issue 2180, p5
The article reports that British Telecom PLC. (BT) has announced a proposal to set up a fenced off part of the business responsible for ensuring equal access to the local loop copper network. The proposal, in response to regulator Ofcom's Strategic Review, comes after years of calls for BT to be...
- BT and Bulldog in agreement over LLU fault repairs. // New Media Age;3/31/2005, p11
This article reports that Bulldog and BT have reached agreement over the dispute about local-loop unbundling (LLU) fault repair terms and conditions as of March 2005, with BT agreeing to two out of three of Bulldog's demands. BT has agreed to bring parity to service levels that Bulldog claimed...
- Tomorrow's providers. Stewart, Alan // America's Network;05/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p76
Answers questions concerning telecommunication service providers in the United States. Fate of the competitors in the industry; Services most likely to be deployed by the providers; Restrictions that the Federal Communications Commission will imposed on local loop lifeline service.
- SBC's withdrawal speaks volumes. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p8
This article reports on the withdrawal of telecommunications company SBC Communications Inc.'s long-distance application from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). SBC dropped its bid on the very day the FCC was to decide whether to approve SBC's application. FCC staff had been...
- SBC Comment Period Ends Wednesday. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/30/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the decision of U.S. Federal Communications Commission to accelerate the public comment period in the bid of SBC Communications Inc. to enter the long-distance telephone market in Michigan. Details of the review process for the proposal of SBC; Reason of SBC for entering the...
- Oiling the wheels. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Jan2009, p10
The article reports that the British Federal Office of Communication (Ofcom) has proposed raising local loop unbundling (LLU) prices in December 2008. The British regulator suggests raising the annual cost of a fully unbundled line to between Â£85.00 and Â£91.00, and the cost of a shared...
- Questions abound for Fiber-to-the-X installations. Milligan, Brian // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p23
No abstract available.