Scripps Buys a Country Cousin
- Dilbert Finally Chases Synergy. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the purchase of EW Scripps Co. by Iconix Inc.
- Lifestyle broadcaster goes country. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p17
Reports that E W Scripps Co. has bought Great American Country cable network from Jones Media Networks.
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;3/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p2
This article offers information on the acquisition of uSwitch by Scripps in the U.S. The acquisition deal is worth $366 million. uSwitch is a provider of online price comparison and switching for home services and personal finance. uSwitch also joined Shopzilla, a shopping comparison site...
- US group bags Uswitch for Â£210m as profits wane. // Utility Week;3/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of online price comparison and switching business Uswitch by U.S. media group EW Scripps. Uswitch claimed that consumers saved on average Â£140 when they used it to switch energy suppliers and Â£120 when switching telephony providers. Scripps plans to...
- Scripps buys six dailies. Garneau, George // Editor & Publisher;05/24/97, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p6
Focuses on E.W. Scripps Co.'s acquisition of six daily newspapers and broadcast operations of Harte-Hanks Communications Inc. Price of acquisition; Negotiations on structure of final deal. INSET: Chain eats chain..
- Scripps Tweaks Its Shopping Network. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the changes being implemented by E.W. Scripps Co. on its Shop At Home cable television (TV) network in the U.S. Purpose of the restructuring of the network; Terms of the acquisition of Shop At Home by Scripps; Plan of Scripps to launch a Hispanic TV network.
- Scripps Captures Shopzilla. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p36
Unveils the plan of E. W. Scripps Co. to purchase the price search engine Shopzilla.
- Scripps Breaks Mold With GAC. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the plan of E. W. Scripps Co. to acquire cable television network Great American Country. Background on Scripps; Financial performance of Scripps for the second quarter of 2005 brought by its cable programming business; Strategic approaches of the company that contribute to a stable...
- Radio + TV = Static Electricity. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the move of television companies to collaborate with radio stations to gain popularity and increase their ratings. Topics covered include the merger of Journal Communications with E.W. Scripps as well as the deployment of TV-radio-print strategy by Cox Media Group in...