A materials mix
- Steel makers roll out lighter, tougher products. Gain, Bruce // Automotive News;11/11/2013, Vol. 88 Issue 6594, p30
The article reports on the introduction of lighter and more durable products to maintain the dominance of steel as the preferred raw material for vehicle production. Steel and iron are facing an increasing competition from aluminum, plastics and carbon fiber. Business consulting firm Frost &...
- WSD: Steel Will Win the Auto Sheet War. // Metal Center News;Nov2014, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p45
The article presents the results of the study "Auto Body Warfare: Aluminum Attack" carried out by steel information service World Steel Dynamics Inc. The study highlights the safety, fuel efficiency and sustainability of advanced high-strength steel designs, their potential to meet the needs of...
- World news this week 12.15.97. // AutoWeek;12/15/97, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p2
Presents information on automobile related news. Details on Chrysler's 1999 LHS automobile; Information on what is going on in the management area of the Chrysler corporation; Identification of the Ford F-150 as the official truck of the NASCAR F-series; Presentation of Toyota's Prius as...
- A NEW CRIMP FOR ALUMINUM WIRE. Schmidt, Helge; Seipel, Volker; Stabroth, Waldemar // Assembly;Oct2015, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p2WP
The article provides information on the development of Litealum crimp connection design for aluminum wire by TE Connectivity, which is designed for automotive applications. It discusses topics including the problem with corrosion, the design of the Litealum crimp barrel and its compression...
- Plastic's Possible Future. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p26
Discusses the use of plastics in design of major automotive components. Characteristics of plastics for automobile applications; Applications of plastics under the hood; Possibility of plastics for chassis/drivetrain applications.
- Being There. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec2000, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p46
Provides information on the design and engineering techniques and equipment used by General Motors Corp. Significance of the use of clay models; Information on the customized software VisualEyes; Advantages of virtual reality technology.
- Innovate design with Autodesk' to gain the competitive advantage. // Curve (Australia);2009, Issue 29, p5
The article evaluates the three-dimensional design modelling Autodesk Alias product line from Autodesk Inc.
- more efficient cleaner. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Mar2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p88
Presents information on Turbomatt 10, an airless wet-blast cleaning and degreasing machine from Vapormatt. Features of Turbomatt 10; Difference of Turbomatt 10 from conventional wet-blast machines.
- adhesive dispenser won't come unstuck. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Mar2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p88
Presents information on the Fishman LDS9000 mechanical dispensing system from Fishman Corporation. Company's claim about the system.
- DesignConcept Auto V4R2, the new version of a virtual prototyping solution for the auto industry. Barclay, Steve // Automotive Industries;Mar2012, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p1
The article offers brief information on the Design Auto V4R2 automobile design equipment from Lectra SA.