CE in the long run
- Break old boundaries with concurrent engineering. Litsikas, Mary // Quality;Apr97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p54
Discusses the elements for the success of concurrent engineering. Correlation between communication and product; Need for management support and listening skills; Importance of communication among customers, suppliers and other parties; Guide questions that help companies stay focused on...
- Concurrent engineering: The key to success in today's... Thorpe, Paula A. // IIE Solutions;Oct95, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
Looks at concurrent engineering as it relates to competition. Benefits of this designing strategy; History of the development of the concurrent engineering designing strategy; Example of the design using Champion Road Machinery Limited of Goderich, Ontario; Questions to be addressed when...
- Concurrent engineering: A case study. Harrell, Linda; Emanuel, Joseph T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p29
Presents a case study related to concurrent engineering. Formation of the team; Decision-making authority, total responsibility and accountability for the product; Project goals.
- Concurrent engineering. Yesersky, Paul T. // CMA Magazine;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p24
Discusses various aspects of concurrent engineering. Role of a cross-functional self-directed team; Up-front costs; Improvements in competitiveness through cycle time reduction; Organizational and cultural change as a requirement; Establishment of a pilot program; Importance of planning when...
- Evaluating concurrent engineering programs. Gindele, Mark E. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p66
Discusses the risks of contractor proposed concurrent engineering efforts. Assessment of the effects of integrated product teams; Benefits of properly employed concurrent engineering; Factors to consider for a successful manufacturing process.
- The teamwork approach. Ajluni, Cheryl J. // Electronic Design;9/03/96, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p22
Focuses on concurrent engineering, an approach that allows design and test engineers to work together to ensure that a product gets to market quicker with less difficulties. Benefits to companies; Comparison with the crosstraining approach; Impact on time-to-market cycles.
- Europe turns competitive with concurrent engineering. Blau, John R. // Machine Design;6/6/94, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p41
Reports on European companies' adoption of concurrent engineering (CE). Implementation of CE by Frank Carrubba at Philips Electronics NV in the Netherlands; CE in Germany's machine tool sector; Need to convince developers and production staff about the effectiveness of CE; Establishment of the...
- Implementing concurrent engineering. Fleischer, Mitchell // Automotive Production;Nov96, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p14
Presents information on issues surrounding the implementation of concurrent engineering (CE). How to start out on CE; Implementation of CE using a pilot strategy.
- Concurrent product development. // Machine Design;9/28/95, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p174
Presents several concurrent engineering computer software and hardware. Includes Houdini 3.0 software; Edhge CAM's modular software; Objective MicroStation software; CimStation Robotics software; Myriad software; AlphaStation 600 Models 5/300 and 5/266.