How's your confidence
- THE CONFIDENCE GAP. KAY, KATTY; SHIPMAN, CLAIRE // Atlantic;May2014, Vol. 313 Issue 4, p56
The article focuses on the confidence gap, the term used to describe the differences in confidence between men and women. Topics include why men have more natural confidence than women, how confidence impacts wages in the U.S., and how confidence affects job performance. Information is provided...
- Real Leaders. Fretwell, Peter // Leadership Excellence Essentials;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
The article looks at qualities of leadership as demonstrated by U.S. prisoners of war during the Vietnam War and how these qualities relate to high performance sustainable cultures. Details on high performance cultures are provided, while information about team openness and inner confidence is...
- Taking the `Con' out of Confidence. Gardner, Karen // Trustee;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p2
Discusses how patients can develop confidence by trusting other people. How the author learned to trust other people after she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis; How health care organizations can attain the trust of patients and consumers.
- The quickest way to confidence. // Redbook;Oct2015, p121
An introduction is presented on the easiest way to gain confidence, wherein a recent study proves that repetition of positive terms distracts a person from the negative thoughts, which otherwise interferes with one's confidence.
- Business confidence slips before Sept. 11 attacks. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p242
Reports on the decrease of the Measure of Business Confidence of the Conference Board before the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States. Coverage of the survey; Effect of the terrorist attacks on business confidence.
- LOOKIN' GOOD! // Women's Fitness;Jun2014, Issue 127, p59
The article states that the periodical have everything to boost body confidence including suggestions on changing the mind set and figure loving workouts.
- Wow with phone conversations. // Communication Briefings;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p2
The article presents tips on how to communicate effectively which include being sincere and courteous, using the name of the person frequently to maintain his or her interest and attention, and closing the discussion with confidence.
- Why Are People Overconfident? // HR Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p26
The article reports on a study conducted by University of California at Berkeley professor Cameron Anderson which aimed to discover the root causes of overconfidence and the social status of overconfident people, examining how overconfidence even by incompetent people leads to promotions at work.
- Infuse Your Life With Confidence. Prude, Regina M. // Tennessee Tribune;2/13/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8B
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of confidence for people suffering violence and involve in alcohol and drugs to survive life.