Common managerial blind spots
- 'Fire' your boss? Karsh, Brad // Tire Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p7
The article provides an answer to a question on what to do when someone cannot stand with his or her boss.
- Promoting change. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;05/14/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p42
Advises risk managers on how to get support from senior managers who prefer traditional but ineffective ways of doing business. Use of the change-acceleration process in convincing Walt Disney Co.'s top management to approve the use of owner-controlled insurance programs for construction...
- Young Boss Syndrome. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p5
Talks about the difficulties of hiring young bosses. Why young bosses have been forced to change their attitudes in order to motivate their workers; Negative personality traits that afflict young supervisors; Typical behavior for the young guys who are being promoted above their heads.
- LETTERS. // Management Review;Apr78, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p37
Presents readers' letters on articles published in 1977 issues of 'Management Review.' Measurement of work by professionals; Management of one's boss; Maturity of managers.
- New job rule No. 1: Vet the boss. Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Marketing News;6/15/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p26
The author talks about how job hunters should pick the right boss to work for. She states that readers should create a wish list on what they want in a boss and their job environment. She talks about how chemistry and rapport with a boss affects a worker's ability to perform, be rewarded for...
- PFSA and BaFin - Comparison of Institutional Framework in Dynamic Financial Markets. Kocia, Agata; Szymanska, Grazyna // Journal of Marketing Development & Competitiveness;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p28
At present, theoretical debate in academic communities is ongoing concerning the centralised supervisory offices. The article adds to this debate by presenting a more empirical approach aimed at comparing two super-supervisors the Polish PFSA and the German BaFin. The goal of this work is to...
- So You Want to Strangle Your Boss... Hollon, John // Conference Board Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p9
An excerpt from editor John Hollon's blog "The Business of Management" posted at the web site www.Workforce.com is presented.
- How to improve your relations with the boss. // Supervision;Jul96, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p9
Presents advice on how to improve relations with the boss. Includes avoiding buildup of suspicions and frustrations; Capturing ideas in writing and making presentations; Protecting the boss against mistakes graciously; Fostering compatibility; Avoiding altercations; Avoiding giving too much...
- Master the subtle art of self-promotion. Espinosa, Shelly Ann // Secretary;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p16
Presents suggestions on how employees can get noticed and achieve promotion in the process. Formation of habits to compliment co-employees; Show of compassion for a superior's concerns; Being cost-conscious; Seeking advice.