Are we losing our past: Archiving and electronic access: a report of the CSISAC Roundtable, September 24, 1998
- Trash or treasure: Preserving our heritage. Miller, Phyllis Knerl // Art Education;Jul90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the preservation of historical documents of Texas Art Education Association.
- Image handling: Archiving, retrieval, etc. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;9/1/95, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p28
Features computer software products for archiving, retrieval and updating of information. Includes Adobe's Central Suite; Agence France-Presse's Macintosh-based QuickTime and Moov; Ailink's Photocom, Visual Desk Plus and Pagecom; Applied Graphics Technologies' Digital Link Systems and five...
- Increased satellite data pressing archive systems. Chinnock, Chris // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the challenge of findings ways to store data and provide efficient methods to access it. United States Geological Survey Earth Resources Observation system as repository of largest collection of satellite and aircraft-acquired images of the Earth's land surface; Archiving of data...
- The Mouse That Ate the Archive. Thompson, Steve // AutoWeek;1/6/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the deletion of Old Car Guys (OCG), Part III archives from the e-mail account of the author due to a routine inbox cleanup by an administration person. Collection of memories of AutoWeek readers sent to the author available in the OCG; Importance of OCG for historians; Proposal given...
- Royal Society calls for electronic archive. // Nature;12/9/1993, Vol. 366 Issue 6455, p498
Focuses on the report prepared by the Royal Society in conjunction with the British Library and the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers. Government-funded national electronic archive; Preservation of all scientific data for future generations.
- Archiving: The BBC turns to digital, part 1. Humphrey, Fred // World Broadcast News;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p46
Part I. Focuses on the archiving project of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). Protection of the corporation's collection of television and radio history; BBC Resources Projects; Establishment of a digital archive.
- Archiving: ZDF prepares a plan, part 2. Von Kaldenberg, Rolf // World Broadcast News;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p52
Part II. Focuses on the archiving project of Europe-based public station, Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen. Replacement of all analog equipment with digital ones; Storage of all digital programs and important material from press agencies; Project phases.
- REPURPOSE, REPACKAGE, RESELL. Siwek, E. J.; Hatch, Susan // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p39
Focuses on the usefulness of the archive services to meeting planners. Features of the Web-based conference archives; Things that meeting planners should consider when deciding to digitize the content of the meeting; Hints for meeting organizer when selecting an archiving provider. INSET:...
- Records management in the public sector and the archival challenges posed by electronic records. Kirkwood, Clive // S. A. Archives Journal;1994, Vol. 36, p7
Focuses on archival management of electronic records in the context of general records management policy in the public sector. Integrated information management in offices of origin; Principles of manual records management in an electronic environment; Archival strategies adopted by the...