Report of the 'EDIFACT implementation: One goal, three partners: Library, ILS vendor and subscription agent' workshop held at the 13th Annual NASIG Conference, June 1998, University of Colorado
- A report on EDI at Kansas State University. Somers, Michael A. // SISAC News;Summer/Fall98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on Manhattan, Kansas-based Kansas State University Libraries' use of electronic data interchange (EDI) systems. Libraries' utilization of the Endeavor Information System's EDI module; Nature of EDI transactions; Advantages of using EDI technology.
- Endeavor, Harrassowitz implement UN/EDIFACT for serials. // Computers in Libraries;Jan1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Endeavor Information Systems Inc. has announced in January of 1998 that Kansas State University Library has become the first university library to successfully load electronic data interchange (EDI) invoices for serials using UN/EDIFACT, the international standard for electronic...
- Smaller players join the pace. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p35
Describes the increased participation among distributors in electronic data interchange (EDI), bar coding and Internet commerce. Comments from Central Industrial Supply Co., Inc. vice president Don Stamper and Good Friend Electrical Supplies, Inc. vice president Rich Bolotsky; Problems in bar...
- EDI for all. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the creating an electronic data interchange (EDI) standard on all commercial and industrial markets for distributors, end users, involved in the standardization of computer systems in the product channel. Implementation of a universal standard based on the EDI Pro standard...
- Data dispatch standard moves forward. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the possibility of the implementation in North America of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Standard-Protocol for Automated Communications between Private Security and Public Safety. Benefits of EDI over traditional voice communications; Objective of the program.
- Start-up EDI network seen underdog against national clearing house. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;2/8/95, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p17
Reports on the financial electronic data interchange (EDI) system, EDI Bank Alliance Network Exchange (Edibanx). Competition with automated clearinghouse networks; Suitability of clearinghouse services for EDI transactions; Advantages over the clearinghouse format.
- Don't take that Yugo onto the information superhighway. Goetzman, John // Business Credit;Jan1995, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the proliferation of the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) in the United States. Government's EDI programs; Government procurement systems; Establishment of a `virtual network' connecting all agencies and departments in the executive branch of government.
- A manufacturer's view. Goodwin, George // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug96, p24
Opinion. Comments that using electronic data interchange (EDI) is not going to change the world. Limitation of advantage to the user; Key to unlocking benefits of EDI.
- A merchant's view. Perkins, Travis // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug96, p24
Opinion. Comments that people using electronic data interchange should not do everything overnight. Advantages of electronic trading.