EBSCO, X12 and SIRSI's Unicorn System at work at the University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Dirty Bomb Alert. Wilson, Jim; Coledan, Stefano; Fillon, Mike; Lowe, Malcolm V.; O'Brien, Greig; Ruben, Paul; Tegler, Jan // Popular Mechanics;Nov2002, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p24
Reports on a handheld warning system being developed at the University of Alabama in Huntsville that produces a real-time map of areas contaminated by terrorist bombs dispersing stolen nuclear fuel or radioactive medical wastes.
- Alabama students win canoe competition. // American City & County;Sep94, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the victory of civil engineering students from the University of Alabama-Huntsville in the National Concrete Canoe Competition, 1994. Scholarship prize; Contest sponsors; Number of participants; Judging of canoes.
- Experts Believe Lasers Could Save Earth. // Atlantis Rising Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 103, p14
The article reports that according to the University of Alabama (UAH) in Huntsville lasers can be used to protect the earth from asteroids or comets.
- University of Alabama in Huntsville. Lerner, Jeff // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;May97, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p958
Reports that the University of Alabama's chapter of the American Meteorological Society held its March, 1997 meeting at the university's atmospheric sciences classroom in the Global Hydrology and Climate Center. Details on the meeting proceedings; Amount of people attending the meeting.
- UAH Receives $1 Million Gift to Create Baba Scholar Chair. // India -- West;9/30/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 45, pA28
The article announces that the University of Alabama in Huntsville has received a one million dollar gift for establishing a prominent scholar chair in the Department of Political Science in the College of Liberal Arts in Alabama.
- Amy Bishop Wants to Be Tried in Brother's 1986Death. // India -- West;10/26/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 49, pA21
The article informs that Amy Bishop, former professor at the University of Alabama, Huntsville, Alabama, who has been sentenced to life for killing three colleagues, wants to go on trial in the death of her brother in 1986.
- Ex-Prof Pleads Guilty to Killing Gopi Padila, 2 Others. // India -- West;9/28/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 45, pB20
The article informs that Amy Bishop, former biology professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Alabama has pleaded guilty of killing professor Gopi Padila and two others during a meeting at the University in 2010.
- Harry W. Boone. Gary, Roy // Art Papers;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p73
The article reviews the art exhibition "Harry W. Boone," at the University of Alabama Church Gallery in Huntsville, Alabama from April 2 to 22, 1989.
- Geospatial: A new frontier. Kelley, Mike // Huntsville R&D Report;Spring2013, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics such as geospatial technologies, the geospatial applications at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), and the military uses of geographic information systems (GIS).