Bob says: Putting the 'open' back in open standards
- American Family Physician has had ban for over 20 years. Siwek, Jay // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/10/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7822, p493
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the ban imposed by the "American Family Physician" over editorials and clinical reviews from authors with ties to the health care industry in Great Britain.
- What the NEJM did. Kassirer, Jerome P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/10/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7822, p493
A letter to the editor is presented which addresses the rejection of editorial and clinical reviews by the "New England Journal of Medicine" from authors with conflict of interests.
- Policy of the Indian Journal of Psychiatry on the problem of plagiarism. Sathyanarayana Rao, T. S.; Andrade, Chittaranjan // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p211
The authors reflect on the plagiarism policy of the "Indian Journal of Psychiatry." Among the definition of plagiarism classified by the journal are the ideas presentation of another author or group of authors without reference to the source, presentation of one or more sentences of text coming...
- From the chair: The times they are a-changin'. Blixrud, Julia C. // SISAC News;Winter98/Spring99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the decision of the Book Industry Study Group Inc.'s Serials Industry Systems Advisory Committee to combine two common publishing standards to prevent work overlaps. Benefits for members straddling both books and serials activities; Improvement in the deployment of those working in...
- Serials claim form project. // Library Journal;5/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p1173
Reports on the American National Standards Institute's launch of a special subcommittee to create a standard serials claim form. Contact information.
- My Weekly ReaderÂ™. // Let's Find Out;Mar2013 Teacher's Edition, p1
The article presents information related to the subscription of the periodical along with its quality standard and also includes quiz on green eggs and ham.
- IDENTIFICATION AND DESCRIPTION. Boss, Richard W. // Library Technology Reports;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
Discusses libraries' identification standards which address description and with character sets. Use of the Library of Congress card numbers; Importance of the identification standards of International Standard Book Number and the International Standard Serial Number; Discussion of the Serial...
- editor's note. special supplement issue. Brechka, Nicole // Better Nutrition;Nov2013, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p6
In this article the author reflects on challenges which many consumers face when attempting to purchase nutritional supplements and introduces two reports within the issue that are concerned with nutritional supplements.
- Journal policy on research funded by the tobacco industry. Godlee, Fiona; Malone, Ruth; Timmis, Adam; Otto, Catherine; Bush, Andy; Pavord, Ian; Groves, Trish // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/19/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7929, p8
The authors discuss the revised policy for the publication of any study that is partly or wholly funded by the tobacco industry on journals "BMJ,' "Heart," "Thorax" and "BMJ Open." They explain that the policy is consistent with that of other journals including "PLoS Medicine" and "Journal of...