Special interest DVD-Video: From the beginning
- Digital Signage, Plasma, and LCD Displays. Kapoor, Dave // DV: Digital Video;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
This article features two products designed for digital video industry. The LitePanels Mini, a portable light emitting diodes (LED) system, is considered more efficient than a conventional tungsten camera light. The compact, rectangular unit fits on cameras, on stands and in tight spots. The new...
- GM categories distinguish chains; photo is a key. Symons, Allege // Drug Store News;1/11/99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Examines trends expected to affect the general merchandise industry in the United States in 1999. Stability of photo processing services; Prospects for one-time-use cameras; Growth of the enlargement and reprint business in all channels; Influence of cultural diversity on social expression...
- Storing Bits. // American Cinematographer;Feb2005, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p85
Introduces Accom's APR ClipStore digital disk recorder. Interesting features; Video and key recording capability; Design specification; Ordering information.
- FEEL THE BURN. A.C.K. // Entrepreneur;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p40
Elaborates on the issues that must be considered when buying a DVD-burner technology. Standards on DVD technology; Storage space; Capacity.
- Digital VHS dawning. S.A.B.; Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;May97, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p48
Discusses the arrival of VCRs capable of recording digital signals from direct-broadcast satellites and other digital sources. Development of the original VHS format by JVC; Promises of the Digital VHS format; Equipment requirements.
- AM-VSB systems. // Lightwave;3/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p182
Presents a buyer's guide to AM-VSB systems. Maximum number of channels and fiber; Cartel/noise ratio; Link budget; Light source type; Optical isolator; Contact information.
- FM systems. // Lightwave;3/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p187
Presents a buyer's guide to FM systems. Wavelength; Maximum number of channels and fiber; Video formats supported; Contact information.
- Single-channel video systems. // Lightwave;3/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p190
Presents a buyer's guide to single-channel video systems. Maximum number of channels and fiber; Wavelength; Maximum number of channels and fiber; Video formats supported; Contact information.
- PCM video systems (non-compressed). // Lightwave;3/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p192
Presents a buyer's guide to PCM video systems. Maximum number of channels and fiber; Maximum number of channels and fiber; Bits/sample; Sampling rate; Contact information.