Making DVD-Video titles shine on the PC
- Bytes, camera--action! Quinton, Brian // Telephony;11/01/99, Vol. 237 Issue 18, p89
Deals with the migration of video to digital technology. Need for content providers to distribute their content in a high-quality format over the Internet; Information on the high-quality video transport for commercial and movie producers offered by GTE's VideoConnect; How the system works. ...
- Imagine. Landolt, Sara Cox // Credit Union Management;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on some technological innovations. Information on the technology paradox; Description of the processor for VisionPad, a prototype of a wearable computer; Features of CyberPhone.
- Top performing CPUs deliver no-compromise multimedia. Bursky, Dave // Electronic Design;03/17/97, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on several computer manufacturers in the United States that have incorporated the multimedia processing capabilities on their central processing unit products. Includes Digital Equipment Corp.; Sun Microelectronics Inc.; Silicon Graphics Inc.; Advanced Micro Devices Inc. INSET:...
- 'Hopping' Mad. Butts, Tom // TV Technology;5/30/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the skipping television advertising by the use of technology. It is said that people have tried to invent ways to avoid having to watch ads in between television programs. The remote control was probably among the first devices that gave viewers the ability to easily...
- Re-engineering the golden goose; or, creating standards, Hollywood style. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p83
Highlights the entry of high-density compact discs in the movie industry. Digitizing of feature films; Risks of film distribution through compact disks; Reengineering of digital video disks (DVD) to control unauthorized copying; Delays in the launch of DVD.
- The End of Videotape. Miller, Harry B. // CinemaEditor;2008 3rd Quarter, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p49
The article discusses the technological innovations of motion picture industry in the U.S. The author claims that electronic editing replaced film in the editor's cutting room. He adds that editing system is not connected to a videotape deck. In addition, he claims that tapeless movie making is...
- Technology:. // CableFAX Daily;6/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p3
Provides information on a "PC Edition" released by Replay TV for its eponymous digital video recorder software in 2006. Benefits of the technology to consumers; Price range of the technology.
- The Optibase/ADI streaming platform. Povolozky, Kobi // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p192
Features the MGW 1100TV streaming platform from Optibase. Broadcasting technology for carrier-grade stability and redundancy; Innovation in the transport of video content from one location to another; Requirement in the transmission infrastructure for video contribution.
- Let's get progressive with multi-screen de-interlacing. Gutman, Ron // CED;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p28
The article presents information on the latest and progressive approach in order to deliver the high quality video for every communication devices. As stated, an advanced pixel transcoders are required to produce an optimum image quality of a video. It is further informs that high definition...