HyperLOCK strengthens the marriage between disc and Internet
- DVD. Herther, Nancy K. // Online;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p89
Provides an overview on DVD which means Digital Video Discs or Digital Versatile Discs. Data density; Error correction; Modulation scheme; Higher-resolution pictures; Comparison between DVD-ROM and CD-ROM. INSET: It isn't over 'til it's over.., by N.K.H..
- Panasonic prepares for digital revolution. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;11/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p22
Presents information on digital video disks (DVD). View that these disks will replace other entertainment media such as audio cassettes, video tapes and floppy disks; Names of companies who are producing DVD and related equipment; Comments from Keith Tomita, general manager of marketing and...
- DVD the update. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p68
Examines the technical aspects of the Digital Video Disc (DVD) specification with emphasis on market speculations and expectations of developers and purveyors of DVD-related products. First DVD Forum in the United States; Capacity for a single-layer disc; Features of dual-layer discs.
- DVD promises to change the face of optical media. Carmona, Jeff // T H E Journal;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p10
Discusses various aspects of digital video discs (DVDs). Availability of educational programs on compact disc (CD); Evolution of the DVD to mirror that of CDs; Comparison between the CD and DVD; Features of DVD products introduced by firms such as Toshiba; Sales projections for DVD products.
- Digital video disc--industry news. Cole, George // Gramophone;Jul96, Vol. 74 Issue 878, p128
Focuses on a controversy over audio coding and market protection specifications for Digital Video Disc (DVD), the high-density compact disc format developed by Philips, Sony, Toshiba and others. Data-storage capacity of DVD; Coding of some DVDs for the NTSC television system used in the United...
- Technology scene. // Australian House & Garden;Jul2004, Issue 7, p34
The article presents information on the technology trends in present times. Spend some time listening to your favorite tunes and then, with the flick of a button, watch movies using the same stylish system. Introducing the new MCD370, $549 from Philips, which doubles as a hi-fi system and DVD...
- Time for a reality check. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;9/16/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 13, p34
The article reports that the protection of goods against illegal copying is in the news with Great Britain's government declaring its intent to set up action against counterfeit digital video discs and compact discs. In the past this was only practical for higher value goods, but the tools, such...
- Is DVD Audio the successor to CD? Verna, Paul // Billboard;10/03/98, Vol. 110 Issue 40, p1
Comments on the music industry's move toward Digital Video Disc (DVD) Audio. Quality of DVD being superior to Compact Discs (CD); How customers are unaware of DVD technology; Viewpoints of recording professionals, studio owners, and other music industry professionals on DVD technology; increase...
- It's not the pits. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p202
Comments on the development of technology facilitating reusable compact discs (CD)s. Features of recordable CDs; Physical description of CDs; Details on CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) technology; Problems associated with CD-Rewritable discs; When the technology is expected to be released for...