Media, mastering, replicating & packaging
- Dow Coming Acquires Aprilis's Holographic Assets. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;8/23/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the decision of Dow Corning to acquire the assets of the holographic data storage business of Aprilis of Maynard, Massachusetts. Dow Corning previously owned an unspecified number of shares in Aprilis, a developer of holographic media and data storage systems for the...
- OEM ACQUIRES CDA. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/1/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p8
No abstract available.
- Facts, figures, & findings. // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p11
Reports on developments related to the optical storage device industry as of July 1998. Includes CD-RW market's growth beyond industry projections; Japanese Recording Media Association's study predicting fluctuations in sales of optical media.
- Some say buyers of optical drives need to beware, but sales claims are still inflated. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;02/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p68
Comments on the American optical drive industry's practice of using the capacity of the media to describe the capacity of the drive. Alleged fraud in the industry's claims; Types of customer information by optical drive manufacturers.
- CD-R tracker. // EMedia Professional;Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p14
Presents statistics concerning compact disc-recordable (CD-R) and compact disc-re-writable (CD-RW) devices. Global writer unit sales; Global CD and CD-RW disk unit sales.
- Media, mastering, replicating & packaging. // EMedia Professional;Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p23
Presents news updates concerning the optical storage device industry in the United States as of September 1998. Includes Mitsui Advanced Media Inc.'s release of its next-generation compact disc-readable media; Scottsdale Technologies Inc.'s acquisition of an exclusive worldwide license to...
- REPORT: DVD BURNERS, NOT HD, TOP RECORDABLE PRODUCT TO 2011. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/24/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p14
The article presents findings of a study on the emergence of high definition digital video disc (DVD) and Blu-ray Disc in the optical/removable storage drive market in the U.S. The study found that lower commodity prices and universal compatibility would drive DVD burners. Findings also revealed...
- 1ST-QUARTER MERGER AND ACQUISITION ACTIVITY IN ILLINOIS[*]. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p18
Presents a chart on merger and acquisition activity in Chicago, Illinois. Name of buyer; Location of the seller; Price of merger and acquisition.
- Afterword: Could a Merger Lead to Both a Monopoly and a Lower Price? Fisher, Alan A.; Lande, Robert H.; Vandaele, Walter // California Law Review;Dec83, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p1697
Discusses the prevention of a price increase as a consequence of corporate merger. Assumptions in the analysis; Information on market-power and efficiencies tradeoff; Influence of merger enforcement policies on courts.